Chapter 10: The First Christmas

Christmas came by quickly in the Survey Corps. Most of them went home to their families, if they haven't disowned them or if they have families in the first place. Hanji was one of the few people who didn't have a family to go home to, along with Commander Erwin and obviously Pandora and Levi.

Hanji ran in the hallway that lead to Pandora's room. Her smile was wide and you can see them twinkle. Hanji forgot to open the door to Pandora's room and she ended up running into it, which caused Pandora stir in her sleep.

Pandora rolled over and snuggled into her blankets for warmth. Hanji opened the door and jumped on Pandora's bed.

"Pandora! Wake up!" Hanji violently shook her.

"What is it, Hanji?" Pandora asked, half asleep. Her voice was quiet and raspy. Hanji smiled and rolled her eyes at her laziness. "Don't you know what day today is?" Hanji asked.

"I don't know, I loose track of my days easily, you know that, Hanji." Pandora murmured.

"Well then looks like I have to tell you." Hanji smiled and pounced on Pandora. "It's Christmas Eve!" Hanji practically shouted in her ear.

Pandora froze and yelped and the sudden volume and covered her ear. "Hanji you don't need to yell." Pandora said, now fully awake.

"Oops." Hanji laughed. "Come on!" She grabbed Pandora's wrist and pulled her up until she was sitting up. "Come help me put up decorations. Erwin said he'll help us put the Christmas tree and help us get the decorations on the walls. We just need Levi to help." Hanji informed her.

Pandora barley registered half of the things Hanji was talking about. And it wasn't after a couple of seconds that Pandora realized Hanji was going to go ask Levi for help. "Uh... I don't think asking Levi will be a big helper." Pandora muttered.

"Why not?"

"Uh, Levi isn't the most jolliest person when it comes to holidays, especially Christmas." Pandora stated.

"Tell me something I don't know about the shorty." Hanji laughed. "But let's give it a try anyways."

Although Pandora warned Hanji not to, Hanji had dragged Pandora with her to Levi's room. Pandora just stood outside in the hallway and watched Hanji wake Levi up by jumping on his bed. Levi immediately sat up and gave glares at Hanji.

"Oi, Shitty-Glasses, what the hell are you doing?" Levi hissed.

"Come on, Levi! It's Christmas Eve and we're going to decorate! You can help too-" Hanji was interrupted by Levi covering her mouth with his hand and threw her out of his room. He then closed the door in Hanji's face.

"Told you." Pandora stated, but Hanji didn't mind, for she knew Erwin or Pandora would probably make him do something. "Oh well." She simply said and began to drag Pandora to the living room, but Pandora wanted to change out of her pj's. Hanji rolled her eyes and let her change, then they headed to the living room.

Once in the dinning room, Erwin and Mike were putting the Christmas tree in the corner of the room, by the couch and a window.

"No Levi?" Erwin asked.

"He's not the most jolliest person or a morning person." Pandora stated. "So... no."

Erwin smiled and laughed. "That Levi. Anyways, Ida and Nanaba have already started decorating the offices, you guys can decorate the hallways. The boxes are located right there." Erwin pointed to the corner opposite of him.

Hanji quickly ran over to the boxes and started opening it. "Oh! These can be hung in the hallways." Hanji exclaim as she pulled the long garlands. She quickly put them back in the box and she and Pandora carried the boxes full of garlands to the hallways on the first floor. It took an hour to hang them in two hallways before breakfast was ready.