Chapter 41: The Family

The next day in the morning, Hanji, Levi, who had on his white apron and gloves on, and Pandora went back to the room Sannes was locked up and strap down to the chair.

"Good morning, Sannes!" Hanji greeted the beat-up man. "This will be hard on both of us, but I'll try my best to torture you. We'll be torturing to death, just like you asked. Of course, we can't have you really die on us. So left or right? Which testicle do you need less?" Hanji asked.

"The Reiss family..." Sannes began to talk, "is the true royal bloodline. The Castañera family are their successors if the royal family doesn't have anyone left."

---------

Pandora walked down the stairs that led to Sannes' and Raph's cell alone. Nobody knew she was making her way to go see the two, so she was nervous of what might happen when she does get to talk with Sannes alone.

When Pandora got to the door, where the cell was in, she opened it and quickly closed it. She saw Keiji, a male from Hanji's squad, standing and guarding the room. When Keiji saw Pandora walk in, he quickly gave a formal salute. "Captain!" He said.

"No need for the formal salute, Keiji," Pandora said. "I thought Hanji and Moblit were here?"

"They were, Captain. They left a while ago," Keiji answered.

"Ah, I see," Pandora said, "Can you please leave me alone with them, I have to talk with them," Pandora asked.

"Uh, sure, Captain Pandora," Keiji answered. "I'll be standing in the hallway if you need me."

When he left, Pandora walked up to the cell where both men where. Ralph was in one side of the cell, not facing Sannes, and Sannes was sitting on the other.

"Everytime I see you, it's like I'm seeing a younger version of Giselle," Sannes commented.

"You must be really old then," Pandora stated.

"No, but I've seen protraits of your grandmother when it's my turn to patrol the palace you once called home," Sannes said. "I heard from your mother and aunt Jessica that she was the rebel out of her siblings. She named you, right?"

"Enough with the small talk, Sannes," Pandora said. "I came down here to get the correct answer from you, the one Levi asked you and you denied knowing anything about my family's condition."

"That one," Sannes murmured.

"And don't think you can lie your way out of this one," Pandora stated. "I know your squad goes and checks on the security on the palace once a month, that's enough time on an update on the family."

"Hmph, fine," Sannes said. "Ask me a specific question, though."

"How are my father and Silvia, and my brother and sister?" Pandora asked.

"Hm, your father's six feet deep underground, Silvia is perfectly fine, and your brother and sister... well, I don't know," Sannes answered.

"Wait, what," Pandora said as a statement, not a question. "Six feet deep?"

"Yes, it's another way of say your father is dead," Sannes stated, as if she was stupid.

"I get it, I'm just taken aback, that's all," Pandora remarked. No way could she believed it. Her father would have been at least fifty by now if he were alive. Most people died at age seventy or late sixties. "How long has he been dead? I haven't seen in the newspaper about it," Pandora asked.

"A two years and a half by now," Sannes answered. "The reason why it hasn't been on the news is because Milady told us to not publish it. She changed her mind recently and we were planning to blame your father's death on the Scout Regiment," Sannes answered.