Chapter 39: The Ring of Victoria

Eren sat on the bed, worried about his friends as he waited for the mission to be completed. Pandora and Historia both sat on chairs that were by the window. Pandora's gaze wondered over where Eren sat. She knew he was worried by they way he sat. "They'll be fine," Pandora reassured him.

"He doesn't look anything like me..." Eren said, "with that horse-face of his, I hope he'll be okay."

"I told you, they'll be fine," Pandora repeated herself. "The captors will be too busy worrying about getting away to their hide out, so they won't notice until they come after them."

"I hope they don't get caught," Eren muttered. "Or else they'll get in big trouble... right?" He asked his captain.

Pandora sighed and nodded her head. "Yeah," she breathed out.

The room remained silent after that. They stayed like that for about an hour, enough for Historia to fall asleep. Pandora stood up, tired and too worried to be sitting down. Worried about Evelina and Valentino. Worried about Levi. Worried about the 104th who are chasing the captors down. Worried about Alonso, Jean, and Armin, who are the ones who are mostly in danger if the captors find out it's not really them.

"Captain Pandora," Eren called. "How long do you think this mission will last?"

Pandora stopped walked and turned around to face Eren, who still sat on the bed. "I don't exactly know," she answered, "but my guess, probably a full day. Or at least until sunset."

"I'm still worried for them," Eren said. "It's driving me crazy."

"Just hang on, time will pass before you know it," Pandora stated. "You're friends are strong, remember? They all got to be in the top ten in your trainee squad. They can do this with no problem."

"Yeah..." Eren said, a little hope in his voice.

"For now, get some rest like Historia," Pandora said. "It'll help."

"I'm not tired, Captain," Eren said. "And it doesn't help that I'm completely worried for them."

"Tell me about it," Pandora said with a sigh. "All we can do is just sit here."

-------

"Come on, Captains, hear us out!" A citizen said as everyone in the street started to circle around them. Levi and Mikasa didn't show any expressions at all. Alonso had successfully pulled off the disguise, since even the citizens believed it was his sister, but at the same time, it made him nervous because he didn't know what was going to happen next.

"Come on, us humble people just want a word with both of ya," the male continued to say. "It's thanks to that evacuation plan you soldiers put out that we lost a lot of work. It's not just us, people don't come to towns by the wall like this one anymore. They're uncertain. Our incomes are gone and the Garrison ran off. Thieves took their places... but taxes," the man said, his voice sounded like he was exhausted. "Are high as ever. What are we suppose to do? Why things turned out like this? Why do Titans keep attacking? I think I know why. It's because you in the Survey Corps aren't working hard enough," the man said, looking down at Levi and Alonso, who was inches taller than his captain, but shorter than the man.

Alonso hadn't realize how much his sister had on her shoulders. He hadn't realize how much pressure was put on Levi and Pandora from the citizens. Alonso wasn't the only one who realize this. Nora, Evelina, and Valentino also realize some of the reasons why Pandora usually drinks alcoholic drinks when things got too much for her to emotionally bear.

The man kept talking, blaming everything on the Scout Regiment. What is there to blame the Scouts for? Alonso thought to himself. They did and are doing the best they can for humanity.