Chapter 66: The Day She Was Born

"Oh my god! She's so adorable!" Evelina exclaimed when she first saw Luna who had fallen asleep in Levi's arms. "When did you give birth?"

"Six days ago," Pandora answered.

"Wow, she has rosy cheeks as well," Evelina noted.

"Are you okay?" Levi asked Pandora.

"I'm fine. I'm still tired from labor, but I'll be okay soon," she said with a smile. Her hair looked like it hadn't been washed or brushed for days. It was all fizzy, tangle, and oily and in some places on her head, strands stuck out. "How was the expedition?" She asked

"It went better than what I expected," Levi said, lowering his voice since he didn't want his daughter to wake up.

"It was a bit hard to gather everyone and head up to Syzygy, but we did it," Evelina answered. "I'm going to leave you guy alone to enjoy your new daughter. I'm off to get cleaned!"

"Why? You're our daughter as well," Pandora said to her.

"I know. That's why I referred Luna as the new one," Evelina smiled. "But I really need to shower. I fell on a puddle of mud when I got off my horse." With that, she left the new parents alone.

"I feel horrible that I missed her birth," Levi said, looking down and Luna who was silently sleeping, her tiny mouth open slightly.

"Don't feel bad, it couldn't be helped. You were out there saving the world and I stayed back to make sure she'd arrive into our lives," Pandora said.

"Honestly, I think I wouldn't have handle the situation very well," Levi confessed, giving a quiet chuckle, careful not to wake up his daughter

"I bet you would have freaked out more than I," Pandora said, but laughed a bit. "I was calm about it."

"I just never would have thought I would become a father one day..." Levi said. "Do you think I'll be a good one?"

"I'm sure you will and don't  worry either, because Luna will be the first baby I'll have to raise as well," Pandora said. "And you won't be alone. She'll be surrounded by many people who will cherish her as well." Even though Pandora knew this, she felt worried about raising Luna, but at the same time, she wasn't. So far, she's been a good parent to Evelina... But she also feels like she's let her and Valentino down since she couldn't protect him from her mother's wrath or protect Alec from Annie.

Evelina is twenty now and Valentino is dead... Maybe I will be a horrible parent to Luna... Pandora thought to herself. Levi will defiantly be a better parent than I will ever be. After all, I gave my children to strangers and then claimed them after they had been raised by those strangers and after Erwin told me who they were. Oh god, they saw the worst in me. I'm such a shitty person. How can Levi even love me? How can avoid being another Victoria, Silvia, and maybe a Gisselle, who left all responsibility to me without instructions. How can I raise my baby girl and not damage her?

Levi noticed how quiet Pandora had gotten and how she suddenly looked like she wasn't even there. "Oi, are you sure you're okay?" Levi asked.

"Huh, uh, yeah..." Pandora answered, trying to play it off. "I just... I-" but she couldn't come up with anything and their was no point because when she looked over to Levi, he had that "I'm waiting for you false explanation" look. Their was no point in finishing the sentence when he could read her like an open book.

"Didn't you just told me not to fret about raising Luna?" Levi asked. "You're giving yourself less credit already, and Luna is only days old. Take your own advice," Levi said.