Chapter 57: Eve of the Expedition

"Levi... I think... I might be pregnant," Pandora confessed.

Levi blinked a couple of times before processing what Pandora said. "What?"

"I mean, I think so. I missed my period twice already. But it could also mean it's because I'm stressed out," she said quickly, as if she had to explain herself before a punishment.

"Pandora, calm down," Levi said, putting both his hands on her shoulders. "Breathe for a moment."

Pandora felt her heart pound at a fast rate, but nevertheless, she tried to calm down. "Well, it's what I think," Pandora said once she was calmed.

"How long do you think you've been pregnant if you are?" Levi asked.

"A month three weeks. Maybe two months and a week," Pandora answered. "I-I really don't know. I'm just stressed and worried and scared!"

"It's okay," Levi said, bringing her in for a hug. "It's going to be okay."

Pandora didn't respond anything back. She stayed silent and just sighed into his shoulder. She felt like for a moment, she could fall asleep in his arms and everything will be alright. She wished, though. Then she wouldn't have to be stressed out over Titans, government, humanity, and the possibility that she might be pregnant.

"If you're wondering," Pandora began to say into his shoulder, "that wasn't any alcoholic drink. It was just apple juice."

Levi just gave smiled and kissed her head. "I know. You didn't reek of it," he said.

Pandora smiled, but then quit after a thought came into her mind. "You might be a father," she said. "Does that make you worried?"

"I'm not going to lie, I am worried," Levi stated. "But we can work this out together."

Pandora didn't respond back. She was upset to do so. But she had to keep reminding herself that it was a possibility that she was pregnant. That was how she was copping. However, the signs of pregnancy was staring at her right in the face yet, she kept thinking maybe she might not be pregnant.

It's not like she didn't want a child with Levi. She did. But later on. Not now. Not when the Scouts need her. Not when humanity needs her. However, things happen and she had to see what the future awaits for her and what Erwin will say about this.

"We need to tell him," Pandora said after a while of silence.

"Who?" Levi asked.

"Erwin."

"Are you going to tell him you might be pregnant or that you are?" Levi asked. "Cause there is a difference between the two statements."

"I know, I think I might talk to Hanji about it first," Pandora replied. "And what ever she says, I'll do."

"Remember to do what you think is correct for you," Levi stated, breaking the hug first, though, Pandora wished he didn't. "If you are more convinced you are pregnant rather not, then don't go to the expedition we have coming up."

Pandora bit her lip, as it was what she did when she was nervous. She had forgotten about the expedition to retake Wall Maria and to see what was in the basement of Eren's house. She put that aside, though as another thought came into mind.

"Levi, do you want to be a father?" She asked tentatively. "I know I asked you already, but there's a difference between worrying about being a parent and wanting to be one."

"Honestly, I didn't give much thought about those things because I never thought I would survive long enough to be a father myself," Levi confessed. "Or even get married," now he really felt his face heat up suddenly, "but, yeah, I don't mind being a father," he said. Well, he didn't know exactly how to word what he thought about the subject. He just hoped Pandora understood what he meant.