Chapter 28: Stohess Mission - Out of Time

"Mike," Erwin called him as they walked to his office that evening. "I want you to get me the Krauses' files."

"Why, Erwin?" Mike asked.

"There's something about them that is fishy. They look like someone I once knew," Erwin spoke. "I plan to review their files."

Mike nodded his head and went another direction where they kept all their files on the soldiers they have. When he walked into the room, he quickly went to the K drawer and searched up their files. The first file Mike saw was of Olivia's and Oscars. Right, their surnames is King, Mike thought to himself. He was about to put them back when he accidentally drop their files to the floor. "Damn," Mike sighed as he bent down and started to pick them up.

He sat on the ground when he realized both Olivia's and Oscar's files were mixed up together, which meant he had to organize them back. He had to read the first paragraphs of the files in order to know which were which and in what order they were suppose to be, but when he saw there were adoption papers involved, so Mike began to stick his nose in their business.

The twins were born in June 8th in Mitras. Their mother ---------- ------------, a teenager at the time, set them up for adoption when they were a month old.

Mike's eyes widen as he reread the adoption papers. They're from Mitras? The capital? But the forms they signed to be trainees said they were from Wall Rose. Why is their biological mother's name blurred out also? Mike asked himself. Nevertheless, he continued to read the document.

Orphanage: Children's Hope, located in Wall Rose. Both children were adopted by Helga and Otis King at the age of four months. They were renamed Olivia and Oscar by them. Originally, Olivia's name was Evelina and Oscar's name was Valentino.

Mike would have read more, but he remembered he had to take the Krauses' files back to Erwin. Mike quickly picked up the Kings' files and grabbed the Krauses' and went to Erwin's office. When he entered, he saw him alone doing paperwork.

"Is everything alright? It took you a while to come," Erwin asked Mike.

"I happen to drop some papers," Mike said as he set down the files on his desk. Erwin saw that there were two more files than he asked for.

"Why did you bring me both Olivia's and Oscar's files?" Erwin asked as he picked them up.

"I dropped their files by accident, and I read something off of both their files that you might find quite off," Mike said.

"Why?" Erwin asked as he opened Olivia's file first.

"Read the adoption paper and you'll find out."

--------------

"You have a big appetite for a girl your size," Olivia said in wonder as she saw Sasha devour her lunch the next day.

Today Oscar, Olivia, Nora and the captains all decided to sit with the 104th squad for lunch. It was a nice change for them and they had fun with the kids.

"Sasha, eat a little slower or else you'll get a bad stomach ache," Pandora warned her, but the brunette didn't pay any attention to her. Connie, who was sitting next to Sasha, was about to grab her bread that was place on a plate, but Sasha slapped Connie's hand away from the bread.

"Mine," Sasha said to Connie, who frowned.

"Connie, you already have your own bread," Levi pointed out.

"She took it," Connie stated.

"Sasha, at least give Connie back his bread," Pandora said to her. Sasha rolled her eyes and gave half of her bread to Connie, which brought him a smile. "Or that too..." Pandora muttered.