Chapter 7: The New Captains

Pandora stared at her soup all during dinner. Levi ate, but it was by force. Hanji was bummed also that Farlan and Isabel had died. She was really getting closer to them.

"Pandora," Levi began. "Eat." He grabbed the spoon and handed it to her.

Pandora couldn't bring herself to even get the spoon, but Levi had sighed and sat next to her and gave her the spoon.

"Eat. Or I'll make you." Levi demanded. He normally wouldn't say something like that to Pandora, but if that's what it took he'll do it.

Pandora took the spoon, but didn't eat. Levi sighed. He grabbed her hand and forced her into eating the soup. Hanji sighed as she saw the scene. "Pandora, come on, you need your nutrients." Hanji said.

"Fine. I'll do it." Pandora said with a sigh. Pandora eventually ate, but when everyone was gone to their rooms. Levi stayed with her since Hanji had to go do some kind of paperwork.

Eventually, Pandora finished eating and they headed to their room. Pandora laid down on her bed and stared at nothing. Levi sighed and sat on the bed.

"Pandora. You have to be strong." Levi said.

"I'm sorry." Pandora said. "I will, eventually." Tears began to spill again from her eyes. Pandora covered her eyes, embarrassed that she was crying. Levi hugged her and then laid there with her. "I-I never thought they'll leave." Pandora cried.

"Neither did I." Levi whispered. Eventually, Pandora had fallen asleep and Levi went to go turn off the light, careful not to wake her up. He was about to go to his bed when Pandora woke up.

"Levi?" Her voice was quiet in the dark. Levi made his way to her. "Yes?" Levi asked. His voice was soothing to Pandora, who needed a lot of comfort just as much as Levi needed it.

"Can you sleep with me, like old times?" Pandora asked. By now, Pandora was sitting up. Fully aware. Levi agreed and Pandora moved, making room for Levi.

Pandora fell asleep quickly. Levi just starred at the walls. He couldn't keep his mind off of Isabel and Farlan. They were his best friends and he had killed them. He looked over at Pandora and held her hand.

"I promise to you and to Farlan and Isabel that I'll keep you safe, Pandora." Levi said to himself. After that, he had fallen into sleep.

The next day was slow. The Survey Corps were feeling the affects of loosing casualties. Some were gloomy while the ones who had lost their friends, lovers, or family members were grieving.

Erwin had called in Pandora and Levi into his office. And by called, it means he sent Hanji to go and get them.

"He wants to see us?" Pandora asked.

"Yeah. Come on. Erwin needs to tell you guys something." Hanji said. Together, they headed to Erwin's office. Once there, Erwin had asked Hanji to stay with him, along with Mike.

"You wanted to see us, Blondie?" Levi asked.

"Yes." Erwin began. "I've had reports of you two, all good ones." Pandora and Levi looked at each other, although Levi didn't show it, they were both equally confused. "And, your fighting skills are beyond a soldier's. And both of you have what it takes to guide a group-"

"What are you saying, Blondie?" Levi asked.

"I'm saying I want both of you to become captains of our Elite squad." Erwin stated. "Wait, what?" Everyone in the room asked. Erwin raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I want Pandora and Levi to be captains." He said to Mike and Hanji.

"Okay. But it's up to them if they want to or not." Hanji said. "So, do you want to spot?" She asked.

Pandora and Levi didn't say anything at first. They didn't really know if they should except the offer.