Chapter 21: The 57th Expedition - The Krause Siblings

"Do you believe we'll get anyone to join us, Levi?" Pandora asked as they horseback ride to the old HQ. 

 "I don't know. But Erwin might plan something to get at least five to join us," Levi responded.

 Meanwhile, back in the old HQ, Gunther, Eld, Oscar, and Jordan were sitting around the stables, drinking a little and having a conversation as they watched Eren feed the horses. 

 "It looks like they didn't find any soldiers who've used their maneuver gear without permission," Gunther said.

 "Then who did it?" Oscar asked. 

 "No idea..." Eld began. "Right now I'm more worried about the upcoming induction ceremony." 

 "After the attack, who'd be crazy enough to join us?" Jordan asked. "Hey Eren!" Jordan called out to him. "Is there anyone in your class who wants to join us?" Jordan asked him. 

 "There are." Eren responded, but he looked down to the ground and muttered, "No, they were. I don't know about now." 

 The guys saw both of their captains coming to them from the distance. They quickly put their cups down and stood up straight and saluted as both Levi and Pandora stopped in front of them. "Get ready." Levi said to them. "We're going out on a patrol." "Yes sir!" They all said.

 Eren quickly put the bucket of hay down and ran to where the guys were and saluted. "Good morning, Captains!" Eren said.

 "Listen, Eren, never fall two horses lengths behind either me or Pandora. Don't forget that the only reason you're not locked up is because we're both watching you." Levi said.

 "Yes, sir!" Eren said. 

 "Let's go." Levi said. Pandora looked down to Eren as Levi left. "Don't worry about him, Eren. He's just a bit worried because we're suppose to follow those rules," Pandora said with a smile. "But, you also have to follow them if you want to be with us and not behind bars. Okay." Pandora said. 

 "Yes, ma'am. I'll do that." Eren said. 

 "Good," with that, she too left them to catch up with Levi. 

 "You went soft on him again," Levi said once Pandora was by his side.  "Ah! Nothing wrong with that, Levi," Pandora smiled. Levi sighed and shook his head. "You're always nice to people," he said. "Yeah, that is true at some points. I'm not always nice," Pandora said. "Tch, not to Jordan anyway." Levi said. "It's his fault he annoys me sometimes." Pandora muttered. Their little small talk ended quickly though, for they felt a bit more comfortable being quiet as they rode to the main HQ, where the 104th trainees awaited.

-----------

 The room was silent as Commander Erwin pulled out the formation map. "Since just one Special Ops Squad knows the true mission, I want some to with either Hanji's squad or mine," Erwin said to Pandora and Levi. Everyone in Pandora's squad was there also, listening to their commander as he told them their part of the mission. 

 "But," Erwin added, "I need some to also be with Levi's squad." He said. 

 "Wouldn't they suspect something wrong when they see half of Pandora's squad are missing during the mission?" Levi asked. 

 "Not if they have an excuse to." Pandora said. "Nora, Oscar, and Olivia will be with you, Erwin. Alec, Jordan, and Germany will be with Levi's squad." She told him. 

 "Very well." Erwin nodded. 

 "Mind if I speak?" Nora asked, which they all nodded. "What exactly will the twins and I be doing?" She asked.