Chapter 5: The Expedition - Preparations

It's been a month since Levi, Pandora, Isabel, and Farlan have entered the Survey Corps. The soldiers seem to be more nicer to them since they have finally accepted the fact that they were strong and are useful to the team.

Erwin still had his suspicious of Pandora, only letting Mike know about this. Although, he was impressed at Pandora's fighting skills when Erwin had asked to fight her. He wondered where she learned the moves since they're advanced. He then asked Levi and Pandora to go against each other. Erwin then got his answer when he saw them fight.

Pandora had made a couple of new friends, Hanji being on of them. Levi on the other had just kept to himself. Isabel and Farlan didn't want to make any friends since they didn't trust these guys that much.

Erwin gathered the soldiers at the front of the HQ one evening. "We'll have an expedition in three weeks." Erwin said to the soldiers. Mike held out a sheet with a big arrow and smaller squares drawn on them.

"This will be our new formation." He pointed out. "I have grouped you all in a spot in here. The ones on the sides are soldiers with experience of killing titans. New recruits will be with squad leaders all around." Erwin continued to explain the plan to the soldiers. He saw all their faces, knowing that some of them won't make it back alive.

Levi listened. He knew this was going to be dangerous and most people were going to die, even himself if he wasn't careful. But he can't risk loosing Pandora or Farlan or Isabel. They were all he had left and he was going to protect then all.

When the meeting was over, Levi followed Erwin to his office, making sure he was alone. Erwin closed the door, but Levi went in and grabbed Erwin by the collar of his shirt.

"Listen here, Erwin." Levi began as he shut the door with his foot. "I have a request for you. Protect Pandora at all times. Got it?" Levi demanded.

Erwin was astonish at what Levi had said. Levi glared at him and waited for his answer.

"Why do you insist on protecting Pandora so much?" Erwin asked.

"If you known what she has given me in my life for the past ten years, then you'll want to protect her too." Levi said.

Erwin looked at Levi and sighed. "Alright, I'll protect her." He said. Levi lets go of Erwin. "Good." With that, Levi left the room.

It was the day before the expedition. The whole HQ were busy getting prepared. Pandora was helping with loading the carts when a fellow recruit said to her that Erwin wanted to see her.

Pandora questioned why, but all she got from the recruit was silence. The recruit guided Pandora to Erwin's office. Inside, Erwin stood along with a squad.

"Hello, Commander." Pandora said and saluted.

Erwin smiled. "Pandora, I have moved you to a different squad. You won't be with Levi, Isabel, and Farlan." He said.

"Why?" Pandora felt a little bit worried now.

"Well, we felt like you would belong to this squad. Pandora, this will be your squad leader, X Jones." Erwin said. "Their squad will be with my squad or ahead of us, depending the situation." Erwin said and pointed to the spot marked on the map.

Pandora looked at the rest of the squad, made up of five others. Two of them females. One of the males was checking her out, then snorted.

"Why do we have to have her in our squad, Commander? She's so weak and small." He snarled. Pandora hated when people called her weak because of her height or because she didn't look buff like the rest of the females here. The male threw more insults at her before he was pinned to the wall by Pandora.