Chapter 34: Bad Things Make Bad People

"I am your biological mother," Pandora said to Oscar and Olivia. "That scar, Olivia, you got that when the Central Military Police tried to take you away from me. This man, he grabbed a knife and was about to cut your neck and throat, but I manage to stop him by making a deal with them," Pandora confessed.

Oscar and Olivia looked at their captain- no, biological mother, with wide eyes. They barely breathed as they stared at Pandora.

The room was silent afterwards. Everyone was in shock and didn't really know what to do. The awkward tension between the King twins and Pandora was noticeable. No one would have imagined Pandora had children. No one would have imagined Pandora's children were Olivia and Oscar.

Pandora slowly took her gaze away from them and gazed at the floor. She couldn't look at anyone in the eyes and if she did, she feared she would have cried on the spot.

"W-what?" Oscar managed to say. "Y-you're our biological.... mother..."

"Yeah, I am," Pandora whispered.

"T-Then, who's our biological father?" Olivia asked.

Levi, who was staggered by the scene in front of him, saw Pandora distress from where he stood. He was just like everyone: couldn't believe Pandora had children and Oscar and Olivia are hers. He never heard her once mention her being pregnant, but then again, she told him yesterday she just found out she was drugged to forget everything about her past and was put in synthetic memories.

"I don't think you'll want the truth," Pandora said instead of giving an answer. "It's too... painful to say."

"I want to know," Olivia stated.

Pandora bit her lip in order to calm down before giving her response. "I don't really know. The truth is, you two were born because the Central MP's paid a guy to take advantage of me. It was a consequence I had to pay for knowing more to the secret than what the Castanera family is allowed to know," Pandora explained.

"W-what?" Oscar and Olivia both said with disbelief.

"I'm sorry for telling you this, but it's the truth. They knew it would tick off my parents if I had a child out of wedlock and that they'll disown me, so they did it. They did it so they could keep the secret hidden," Pandora shouted. "I've been knowing about the secrets for twenty years! And since I can actually remember what happen to me, I've been going mad lately," she stated. "And, if you really want to know what happen to the imbecile who was paid to take advantage of me, they killed him afterwards by slicing his throat in front of me," Pandora added.

Everyone had their mouth open from the next wave of shock. Erwin, who was equally astonished by her past, didn't expect it at all. Actually, he didn't know what to expect from her past.

Oscar and Olivia wore shocked expressions, but deep down inside, they were heartbroken by the reason they were actually born. They couldn't believe it. They didn't want to believe it. They were born, so they could scar her for life, destroy the life that was set for her.

"You guys, are really Castañeda's," Pandora said. "Just like I am."

"Wait, what?" Olivia asked. "C-Castañera's!? H-How are we Castañera's?"

"Well, I am Pandora Castanera, the one who was reported to die of Pneumonia when she was fifteen, and you two are my kids," Pandora said. "That's how."

Olivia and Oscar still couldn't believe it, but somehow, it made sense. It made sense how both were a bit tanner than the rest, but lighter than Pandora, that is, if their biological father had lighter skin. It made sense how much they both looked like Pandora, but were a couple of inches taller than her, probably because their biological father was tall. It just all made sense now, but one thing Olivia wondered was how it all went down after they were born.