Chapter 12: The Fall of Wall Maria - Calamity

"Pandora!"

Pandora saw the Titan's arm come to her, and she tried to move, but the arm was faster than her, so the arm hit her. The impact of the hit took most of her breath away, so she quickly gasp for air, but suddenly felt a sharp, painful pain on her back as she felt hit something. The breath in her lungs was completely gone as she felt the next impact. She could hear something crack in her spine and hit her head hard.

"Pandora!" She could hear Levi's voice call her, but the sound was slowly fading away, along with her vision. Pandora felt herself slide down, making her back burn on whatever it was she impacted on.

A tree. It must be a tree, Pandora thought to herself. Slowly her mind got foggy and she closed her eyes and felt another impact.

"Pandora!" Pandora could barley hear Levi's voice call her.

Levi quickly flew to where Pandora was on the ground. He could see the blood on the tree that lead to where Pandora laid.

Please don't be dead, Levi thought to himself. He haven't felt this sad since Farlan and Isabel's death, and he haven't felt this anxious at all. He landed on the ground and ran to Pandora.

"Pandora!" He called when he was by her side. Levi checked her pulse to confirm she was alive. Levi then gently shook her.

Pandora had blacked out for a couple of seconds. She felt like she was drifting on water, but she quickly pulled herself together when she remembered she was battling a war. A war that has been won by Titans. But still, she had to live for herself, her squad, and Levi.

"Pandora." Levi quietly said. Pandora slowly opened her eyes. "L-Levi." She tried to get up, feeling to pain on her back from the impact. "Ow. Oh man." Pandora groaned. Levi helped her sit up. "Are you injured?" Levi quickly asked. Pandora looked up, seeing a Titan about to reach out for Levi. "Levi, look out!" Pandora said. She quickly got up, ignoring the pain in her back and tackled Levi hard enough to move them to the side, away from the arm that was about to reach him.

Nora and Oscar quickly came and killed the Titan. "Sorry about that!" Oscar called. Nora, who killed off a smaller Titan by the other Titan, came by Pandora and Levi. "Are you guys okay?" Nora asked.

"Yeah, thanks for looking out for us." Pandora said. She turned to Levi, who was on the ground with her. "And you! You know better than letting emotions take over your fighting!" Pandora snapped at Levi. Everyone was surprised at Pandora's anger and decided not to say anything, knowing she was mad, but not why. "Don't do that ever again! Look out, okay." By now Pandora had calmed down a bit, but was still angry at Levi.

"Pandora, it's not like I let it clog up my mind. I was thinking." Levi defended himself.

"I don't mean to interrupt this argument between you guys," Nora began, "but we're technically in Titan country now and we still have to help hold off these Titans so civilians can leave to Rose. You guys can put this argument aside for later." Nora said. Pandora and Levi looked at Nora, who was now nerves since she had spoken up to her Captains like that. "She's right." Levi muttered. "Right." Pandora muttered.

Levi got up, helping Pandora up too. The pain on her back came and went when she would move. "You have an injury." Levi stated.

"I know. But I'm going to fight anyway." Pandora stated. The determination in her eyes told Levi that no words were going to change her mind. Levi sighed. "Fine, but don't be reckless and if you feel like it hurts too much, tell me." Levi said with a hint of worry in his voice.

Pandora didn't stare at Levi's direction when she walked away. "I know." She muttered.

"Pandora, Nanaba's squad needs help!" Olivia said to her. Pandora's gaze went to where Nanaba's squad was. They were fighting off five 10 meter (33 ft.) Titans all by themselves. "Levi!" Pandora called. Levi quickly came to her side on the roof. "We're going to help Nanaba's squad." Pandora said.