Chapter 65: Conviviality

They all stared at him. He was different. Too different from their memories of him. Then again, they were kids when they last saw him.

"So you basically ran away," Ivonne said after their father had gathered them all one evening in the mess hall and explained what happened. She didn't know exactly who this man was, and he had been here for about a month now. A month ago, he had come with Pandora from that town, and he claims to be their father now?

"I... I guess you can put it that way," he said, not too confident at all. "I'm truly sorry."

"No, it's fine," Ivonne said. "I guess you would have been dead if you hadn't left..."

Fernando can tell she was affected by this news compared to her other three siblings. Pandora was a bit angry when she first found out, but she had known him the longest and he knew she favored him between him and his ex-wife. Sebastian understood. How could he not? He was the only survivor for Pandora from facing Silvia's wrath. Alonso was a bit iffy. He understood, but he was upset that he wasn't told of this.

"That's not the only thing he's been keeping a secret from," Pandora said, looking at him to see if he'll tell them of the second wife and their half sister. She was now four months pregnant and was working on Project X-08 with forty other people, including her father, Sebastian, Hanji, Erwin, and Commander Pixis. Sometimes Ivonne or Alonso helped, but it was mostly to retrieve things needed for the project. Levi, Evelina, and some of the 104th took turns to capture Titans as the guinea pigs of the experiment.

Pandora felt weird being pregnant now. It was defiantly the worst time to be pregnant, but she had to manage. She had to do things quickly before the baby was born, because she wants a better world than she had lived in for the baby. She knows Levi thinks the same way because she has caught him saying to other soldiers who were slacking about having a better world for the future generations to come. She guessed those soldiers thought he only said that because he was going to be a father soon.

"Right," Fernando said. "I started my life over in Syzygy. I thought I was never going to set foot in these walls again. I got married to a woman there, who is the leader of the town and we had a daughter together."

"You married someone else while you were married to mom?" Ivonne asked.

"Well she did supposably murder him," Alonso noted. "So he was considered dead."

Ivonne stayed silent and pouted a bit. She didn't like what happened with her father and mother and what her father did in that town, but the man had to start over. She knew living a lonely life was awful. "I guess it was only right," she murmured.

"Did you think about us?" Sebastian asked.

"All the time. I regretted not bringing everyone with me. But I just couldn't do it," he said. "I wasn't allowed."

They had all made up, the three other children with their father. Pandora just watched and backed up her father when her siblings didn't understand why it happened and why it had to be that way. She had grown the accept it. After all, being angry wasn't going to change to past. It'll just hurt the relationship. Though, she figured by now he would have gone home to his other family. She didn't know what was stopping him, but she didn't ask.

That night, while taking a bath, she began to wonder what their child would say when they saw the scars on her arms or her back. Would the Titans still be around when their baby grew up? Or would their baby be the part of the first generation to not know the fear of living like livestock? Pandora hoped the baby would grow up without those fears and she hoped she'd be a good mother. The last thing she wanted to become was a monster like her own mother.