Chapter 64: The Return

It was the end of the month. It was time for Syzygy to hand over Pandora. The whole Scout Regiment, plus the Garrison, was gathered around the wall, keeping any eye out for any abnormal Titan. The only problem was, there was no Titans in the area, and they didn't know what time to expect this Titan shifter to come with Pandora in it's hand plus another person from outside.

Levi was nervous about this. He hadn't seen Pandora in over a month and he missed her dearly. Plus, he was worried about her well being and wondered what they did to her. He couldn't help it. And she had told him she could be pregnant, so that made him worry even more.

It seemed like time was cruel to them. They had waited for hours on that wall, to the point the citizens were concerned now, even though they know what was going to happen.

Evelina sat at the edge of the wall, her legs hanging out and she stared at the land. A breeze will come every few seconds, making her hair, now long, fly. Was she anxious to see her mother? Yes. But one thing she knows is that Levi was more on edge than she was. She saw him on the look out every time she turned to look at him. He didn't eat all day either, which even concerned Hanji. She understands. He has known her mother since they were 14 and 15 and practically grew up together.

She sighed and rubbed her eyes because they were beginning to irritate her again. She was tired, having woken up and four am with troublesome thoughts. She had a nightmare about Alec. She missed him a lot and she sure wasn't completely over with the fact he died. She knew it was better that she didn't witness the way he was murdered by that Female Titan because if she did, she knew it would hurt her too much. Evelina looked down at her left hand and stared at the ring Alec was suppose to give her. She would have said yes if he'd proposed to her. She wondered what would have happened if Alec were still a live and what her brother would have said as well. Evelina knows she can't afford to lose her mother. Pandora is the only person keeping her alive.

So when she saw a small speck moving on the horizon when she looked up, she almost fell over the edge of the wall in excitement. She imagine Levi would have passed out if he saw that speck as well. "Levi!" She called as she caught herself and stood up. "I think I see them!"

Levi was by her side the moment she said that and looked out to the horizon. "I'll go tell Erwin," he said quickly before he bolted out.

Evelina just stared at the speck that just got bigger and bigger as it came closer, no doubt a Titan. Erwin, Levi, and Hanji were suddenly by her side as they stared at the horizon as well. They all stared at the Titan as it got closer to them and then began to climb up the wall with a hand and feet, which was harden.

"Another thing to fix," a Garrison soldier said to another.

Once the Titan was close to the top, everyone made room and held their breathes. They know the human inside had Pandora, plus another person who was suppose to take care of her, which was questionable. Once at the top, the Titan raised one of it's hands in the air, as if surrendering. No one was pointing any weapons at it in the first place. With the other hand, the one it kept closed and didn't used, it stretched it out and place the back of the hand on the ground. He opened it to reveal Fernando carrying a passed-out Pandora on his back.

"Pandora!" Levi called out to her and ran towards them. The man kept looking at Levi as he came and took Pandora away from him. "Why is she passed out?" Levi asked the man.

Evelina walked over to where Levi was, holding Pandora in his arms. She took a good look at her mother: she didn't have her uniform on, but a long sleeved blue shirt and some pants. Her glasses where missing and she looked younger than ever. At least she didn't show signs of injury. "You guys didn't hurt my mother?" Evelina asked.