Chapter 67: Collusion and the Illuminist

Pandora opened her eyes after she heard Luna's cries. The first thing she saw was the filtered sunshine that bled through the curtains and hit the wooden floors. The curtain wasn't closed all the way either because there was a small line of sunshine that was pure that the dust in the air was visible. She had taken time to clean the room when Luna was asleep, but sometimes she couldn't because she had other things to worry about like finding a house or completing some paper work.

For a moment, she felt a bit disoriented. Normally she would wake up a couple of times throughout the night because of Luna, but this time she didn't.

"Are you alright?"

Pandora gave a little jump when she heard the voice. She looked over to her left and saw Levi was standing next to the crib with Luna in his arms, who was being fed.

"Oh... yeah, I just woke up confused," Pandora said. "I saw the sunlight and I started to wonder why I did." She began to push the covers off when she noticed the room was arranged differently than what she remembered before she went to sleep. Maybe Levi moved some stuff in a rush to feed Luna, she thought as she slowly walked over to him. She noticed she wasn't in much pain anymore.

"I woke up in the night to feed her and let you sleep," Levi stated.

"You didn't have to do that," Pandora said. "You just came back from a long expedition. You should be the one sleeping in."

"But you were alone with her for six days. This is the least I can do for you," Levi said.

"I see you're handling fatherhood very well," Pandora smiled.

"I don't know... it's only been a day since I came back," Levi stated.

"You're going to be a great father, you should take your own advice you know," she responded.

"Should you be walking and standing?" Levi asked, a bit concerned, changing the subject.

Pandora rolled her eyes and smiled. She's been through this before and she is grateful she could recall the advices from Nana and that she had Kiko and Tomone around. Of course, she understands why Levi is worried. This is his first time. "Yes. I should," Pandora responded. "It's suggested that after one gives birth, they should exercise a bit. Plus, Kiko and Tomone recommended it and I'm tired of laying around."

"If you're in pain by any chance, don't ignore it," Levi warned.

"Don't worry about it, Levi. I'm going to take a shower. If you have trouble taking care of her, you can call Kiko or Tomone over. They are staying in the last room down the hall to the right," she stated.

"I think I'm okay for now," Levi stated. "All newborns do is sleep, right?"

"And cry," she responded with a smile. "But it seems like you have parenting down." Pandora grabbed some clothes and headed towards the bathroom.

"You don't need me to get Kiko or Tomone to help you?" Levi questioned.

"Uh... would you please," she replied.

--------

Luna sleeps through pretty much everything. The only time she wakes up is when she was hungry or if she needed her diaper changed. Pandora could tell Levi was amused by Luna. In all honesty, she was too.

Pandora was sitting at the table she normally eats in the mess hall. Levi was somewhere with Luna. Pandora had asked her dad to come and meet her here an hour after lunch. She wanted to ask him about the "Illuminist." She hoped he knew a lot about them, but at the same time, she didn't put much faith in it neither.