Chapter 20: Secrets

The Scouts had custody of Eren now. Of course, according to Erwin, it was only temporary until Darius saw the results of the upcoming expedition.

Both Special Operations Squads were taking Eren to the former HQ of the Scouts in Wall Rose. "Hey Eren!" Olivia called to him as she rode next to him. "Do you have any older brothers?" Olivia asked. Oscar, who was next to her, slapped her at the back of the head. "You don't ask stupid questions, Olivia. Jeez. Plus, I'm sure if he did have an older brother, he wouldn't want you to be all over him." Oscar said.

"Aye! That isn't nice, Oscar!" Olivia said as she rubbed the back of her head. "You two should be nice to each other, you're siblings after all." Pandora called to them since she and Levi were behind everyone. Olivia threw her arm around Oscar, (well, she tried since they were horseback riding to the old HQ.) "See Oscar, even the captain thinks we should be nicer to each other." Olivia said. Oscar gave her sister a smile.

"Well, to answer Olivia's question, I don't have any brothers." Eren said. "But, I do have a friends, who are like my siblings to me."

Siblings. Pandora tried to remember the faces of her siblings, but she couldn't. It really had been so long since she's seen them. She even forgot their names, which sort of bothered her a lot since they had nothing to do with her messed up past.

"You alright?" Levi asked Pandora.

"Huh?" Pandora asked, not quite catching what he said.

"Are you alright? You were zoning out." Levi said.

"Oh, I was? Sorry." Pandora said, giving him a reassured smiled.

Levi gave Pandora a questioning look, which she responded with a shrug and looked away. "I don't believe you." Levi said.

"Well don't. But I'm fine." Pandora said as she looked up at the sky. Levi didn't say anymore. He looked ahead instead, which made Pandora wonder if he dropped the subject or if he was going to continue to talk about it once they were both alone.

"...But I never imagined that this giant ornament would end up being the perfect place to hide you." Oluo said. Eren slowly turned his head around, feeling like someone was watching him. He wasn't wrong, though, Captain Levi was keeping an eye out for him while Captain Pandora was talking to Alec and Nora. Eren looked straight forward, feeling a little embarrassed about the situation.

"Don't get cocky, new kid." Oluo stated, getting up on Eren's space.

"Sir?" Eren asked, confused.

"I don't care if you're a Titan. I can't believe Captain Levi and Captain Pandora will spend all their time with a brat like you-" Oluo started to say, but he bit his tongue and it started to bleed, which made Jordan laugh his ass off.

"What a fail threat!" Jordan laughed. "Oh man, Oluo."

"Some days I wonder why I chose that idiot to be in my squad." Levi said to Pandora.

The Special Ops eventually got to the old HQ. You can tell it has been abandoned for a long time now, due to the plants growing wildly on the walls and the ground. One by one, the squads put their horses in the stables and then left to stand outside and chat for a bit.

Pandora was just about to leave the stable when Levi grabbed her hand and took her to the back. "What are you doing?" Pandora asked him.

"What's it look like I'm doing? We're going to talk here now that we're alone." Levi said. Once they were out of sighed, he stopped walking, let go of Pandora's hand and crossed his arms. "What were you zoning out back there?" Levi asked. "And don't dare say it was nothing. I know you. Whatever it was made you feel sad. Correct." Levi stated.