Chapter 37: Experiments

After dinner, Hanji's squad left to patrol the perimeter. The 104th had to redo their cleaning around the building while Pandora's squad was sent to go clean dishes.

Pandora was still sitting at the table, looking down at the cup of coffee. She wondered if Evelina and Valentino hated her. And if they did, well, she didn't blame them.

"Hey, are you alright?" Levi asked Pandora when he took a seat next to her.

"H-huh?" Pandora was suddenly startled by him. "O-oh. N-no. I'm not alright," Pandora answered as she sniffed.

"It's not your fault," Levi said as he wiped away her tears that she hadn't noticed. "I'll kill those bastards if we ever run into them," he said.

"No, it's fine, you don't have to kill them, Levi," Pandora said, but managed to give him a small smile. "After all, one of them is my aunt."

"Related or not, I don't care. They hurt you. They made you suffered along with your children. I don't want to see that happen again," Levi stated. He pulled her in for a tight hug. "You're strong. And thank you for pulling through that tough time after giving birth," Levi said.

Pandora wrapped her arms around his torso and put her head on his shoulder. "Do you think they hate me?" Pandora asked him.

"I don't think so," Levi said. "But you should go talk to them."

"But what if they do hate me?" Pandora asked. "I'm such a horrible person, so I'm not surprise if they do hate me, to be honest."

"Pandora Victoria Castañera, you are not a horrible person," Levi stated, which surprised her a lot because she never heard him say her full name. Not that he knew it in the first place. "And you'll never know if you keep sitting here and not actually talk to them about it."

"Yeah, you're right," Pandora said. "You're absolutely right."

"I know I am," Levi smirked. "But before you do, I have something I want to ask you," he said, breaking the hug.

Pandora gave Levi a confused look at his sudden change of mood. She noticed how... nervous he was. "What's wrong?" Pandora asked.

"Pandora, remember the vow I made to you a couple of months ago?" Levi asked.

"Yes," Pandora answered.

"Listen, right now, things a going out of control. There might be an uprising in the walls and I don't know how long it will be before it ends," Levi confessed. He got up and move the chair away. One of his hands were in his pockets as he got on one knee. "I don't want either of us to die without completing the vow I made to you, so I'll ask you this now: Will you marry me?" Levi asked as he pulled out a silver ring with a little diamond.

At first, Pandora didn't show no expression at all. She just blinked, which made Levi worried if she wanted this at all, but then she smiled and nodded her head. "Yes," she responded.

Levi actually smiled at her statement. He held her left hand and put the ring on for her. "I promise you we'll get marry as soon as we get an opening," Levi said. Pandora nodded her head, she was too speechless to speak. Levi leaned in and kissed her softly, wrapping his arms around her waist. Pandora wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back slowly.

"I love you," they both said when they stopped the breathe, which brought a smile to both of them.

"Go and talk to your kids," Levi said. "I'm sure they want to talk with their mother."

Pandora gave Levi a quick kiss before leaving to the kitchen where Evelina and Valentino were cleaning the dishes. Nora was drying them with a cloth and stacking them in order. "Nora, can you go out and clean the table down?" Pandora asked her.