Chapter 36: Youth Without Youth - Bite My Tongue

A warm evening brought many events in September. Silvia had her child on September 6th and it was a girl. They hadn't decided on a name for her yet. Around that time, Pandora didn't expect her punishment for knowing more than she was allowed to know, to come.

It started out with her mother ignoring her that day. She hadn't talked to Silvia all day and had only seen her once, and that was for dinner. If a stranger were to see the family, they would think it was a perfect family with no flaws whatsoever. In reality, the Castañera family, the richest noble of them all, had flaws. And one of those flaws were the mother hating her daughter.

"Shocker, right?" Pandora asked them. "My family, well, just my parents really, were pretty messed up when I was still their child in their eyes. Silvia started to hate me when I refused to marry someone who she brought from Sina. He was also a noble. But he doesn't matter."

That night, Pandora was in her room, reading a book about a girl having adventures outside the walls. It was one of the few books that were banned from the public, but just so happens to be in their library. Pandora's mother usually disapproved of the books, mainly because reading about adventures wasn't 'lady like' and ladies should read romance.

But romance was probably one of the last things Pandora would ever read. Adventures were her favorite. But she wouldn't read it to the very end to see how the protagonist, Margo, made it out of the royal government's wrath and to the outside world. She felt a pair of hands wrapped tightly around her waist. Just as she was about to scream, something covers her mouth and then everything went black.

-------

"Don't let her head hit something again, idiot!" A female's voice hissed.

"Excuse me, Jess. I'm sorry I didn't see the damn wall there!" A male's voice exclaimed.

"Hush it, she's waking up," Jessica noted.

Pandora opened her eyes and saw Kenny was carrying her like a sack of potato's. Pandora's gaze wonder around and saw they were outside, somewhere in a town because they were walking around alleys.

She looked down and the ground and realized her hands were tied together with rope. Looking back up, she looked towards Jessica and saw she had on a nervous look. She would ask what's going on, but her mouth was covered.

"I don't like this plan at all," Jessica commented, looking towards Kenny.

"You only say that because she's your niece," Kenny said. "But, we gotta do what he told us, or else."

"Yes, but what good does this do to him and the Castañera family?" Jessica asked. "How will this keep her silent? She talks in her sleep and can't keep a damn secret?"

"Don't worry, he told me he'll bring her," Kenny reassured her.

"He's scarring the poor child," she said, turning her gaze forward. "Pandora, I hope you can keep you trap shut for good this time." Jessica and Kenny stopped walking once they turned the corner. It was dark, but Pandora could see Sanes and Ralph. They're point a gun at a man much taller than her. He was blonde from what Pandora could tell from up close.

"Where's his royal highness and his daughter?" Kenny asked Sanes.

"He said he'll take care of the rest tomorrow," Sanes answered. "Also said tonight we have to accomplish the plan."

Jessica and Kenny nodded their heads. Kenny then threw Pandora towards the ground, making the dress she's wearing covered in mud. "Did he told you what to do?" Kenny asked the blonde man.

"Yes," he answered.

"We'll leave some privacy for you to do your business," Kenny said. "After all, things will get explicit."