Chapter 32: Synthetic Memories

Levi sat in the cart with Pastor Nick in front of him. He was getting annoyed with the Military Police asking where the Titans where, which he responded by asking them to join the Scout Regiment. Out of nowhere, a Garrison soldier comes running towards them.

"The advance party is back!" He shouted, getting everyone's attention. "Someone tell Commander Pixis!" He stopped running once he was in the center and took deep breaths. Commander Pixis came forward towards the fellow soldier who was on the ground now. "What is it, soldier?" Commander Pixis asked.

"We found no holes in the walls," he said as he tried to catch his breath.

"I see," Commander Pixis wondered.

"B-but the situation has turned into a complete different emergency, sir!" The soldier said. "On our way to the Trost district, we encountered the Scout Regiment lead by Pandora and Hanji! There were also unequipped 104th members with them... but among them, three of the soldiers were Titans!" He exclaimed.

Levi played even closer attention to what the soldier had to say and wondered if Pandora was currently alright now.

Jean stepped forward towards the soldier with wide eyes. "What are you saying? There were three Titans on that team?" Jean asked. "Who?"

"Jean, wait," Commander Erwin said. "What happened once they were discovered?"

"The Scout Regiment engaged the Colossal and the Armored Titan and by the time we joined, it was over!!!" The soldier shouted.

Levi got up and stared at the man. "What?" He asked, unable to believe the news. Pandora's out there, was all that went through his head at the moment. "Did they capture them?" Levi asked the soldier.

"No! They escaped and kidnapped Eren Jeager and another woman by the name of Ymir. A lot of the Scout Regiment veterans were severely injured!" The soldier informed them.

"Very well, all soldiers, lets head to the wall and get a search party started for Eren Jeager and Ymir," Erwin ordered.

"Erwin, I'm going," Levi stated.

"No you are not, Levi. I get you want to see if Pandora's alright but you can't go," Erwin stated. "You're injured. Plus, she's a good soldier, I'm sure she's fine."

"Erwin, even the best soldiers like us can get injured," Levi said. "I'm a good example of one, and I have to see if my girlfriend's alright," Levi said.

"You'll have to stay here and watch Pastor Nick," Erwin spoke. "If Pandora is injured, you'll take care of her, alright?"

Levi stayed silent and saw them get ready to leave. He sat back down on the cart and watched as everyone left to retrieve Eren and Ymir.

"You're dating Pandora?" Pastor Nick asked Levi once they were alone.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Levi asked as he crossed his arms in annoyance.

"Nothing. How long have you guys known each other?" Pastor Nick asked.

"About eighteen years now. And how about you? How long have you've known her since you talk a lot about her past?" Levi asked.

"Since she was born," Pastor Nick said. "I was there to baptize her and gave masses to her family."

"Well, you sure talk a lot," Levi stated.

"How well do you think you know Pandora, Levi?" Pastor Nick asked. "Do you even know her full name?"

"No. But, she doesn't even know my surname, so we're pretty even," Levi stated.