Chapter 14: Noble's Secret - Evening of the Party

Year 846

Pandora walked to Commander Erwin's office to deliver paperwork to him. When she walked in, she saw Erwin talking to Levi.

"Here's the paperwork, Erwin." Pandora said as she set them down on his desk, making her new glasses slip down to the middle of her nose. Instantly, she pushed them back up. It was kind of awkward for her to see Levi again. After all, this was the first time seeing him in like two weeks.

"Thank you, Pandora." Erwin said, trying to get rid of awkward tension. "Can you and an escort go over to check with Keith in the trainee camp for me?" Erwin asked.

"Sure thing." With that, Pandora turned her heel and began to walk out the door.

"Oi, Pandora!" Levi called, making Pandora stop her tracks. "When did you get those shitty-glasses from? Don't tell me you got them from Hanji." He said.

"I've been wearing glasses for a while now. I'm surprised you haven't notice." Pandora said. "I got these glasses last year after Hanji checked my eyesight. Turns out that after the accident, my vision was worsening due to me colliding my head to the tree." Pandora said. "Hanji let me borrow hers until we go and get new ones for me."

"So Shitty-Glasses have more shitty-glasses?" Levi asked.

"Yeah. And don't call Hanji that. I thought I've told you that before." Pandora said. "Anyway, I got to go." With that, she left the room.

"How long has this distant between you two been going?" Erwin asked.

Levi turned to Erwin and was a little bit surprised that he noticed. "After the fall." He muttered.

Erwin sighed. "Why don't you go apologize? It's better that way than this way." Erwin said.

"I don't need your wise words, Erwin." Levi stated.

"I'm just giving you advice. The awkward tension between you two is noticeable." Erwin began. "Plus, you love her, right?"

"Not like that, Blondie." Levi said. "I care for her. I have for thirteen years." Levi added.

"That's not what my gut and Hanji tell me," Erwin said with a smirk. "I just don't get why you're in denial."

Levi didn't say anything. Instead, he focus his attention on a odd looking card on his desk. The invitation was red. Gold designs were what bordered the invitation. Next to it was an envelop that had Erwin's name on it.

"What's the invitation for?" Levi asked, knowing colors like those and the seal on the envelop meant it came from a rich noble.

"Huh?" Erwin looked over at where the envelope was. "Oh. This was another reason I wanted to talk to you. The Castañeras invited me and the head officers of the Survey Corps to come for their party. There will be other officers from the other regiments attending also." Erwin said as he picked up the invite.

"I see. I never thought I'd go to stupid parties." Levi muttered.

"You'll have to go no matter what." He tossed the invitation aside. "I need you anyways."

"Am I going to have to babysit Hanji and Pandora?" Levi asked.

"I'm having Pandora stay here and be in charge while we're gone." Erwin said. His suspicious of Pandora being the dead daughter was almost gone. Almost. There was this five percent of him that is still suspicious of her.

"Why? These brats can take care of themselves." Levi stated.

"I know. But it's just in case." Erwin said.