Chapter 51: The Mighty Long Fall

Levi was exhausted after the fight with the Titan, but he didn't show it. He was ready to go back to Pandora and take care of her from that injury. But when he got to where he left her and Hanji alone, he saw Hanji with an anxious expression and Pandora missing.

"Oi, Hanji, where's Pandora?" Levi asked the woman in glasses.

"Uh..." Hanji tried to come up with some sort of excuse, but couldn't. It hasn't been long since Pandora had left with her relatives to that prison, but she can tell if Levi found out where she went, he'll go after her along with their squad. "Don't know," she simply said with a shrug.

"Hanji!"

"Okay! Her relatives came for her and they left together to High Rockpoint!" Hanji confessed quickly. "I warned her not to go but she insisted! I gave her a day before I went to send you guys to go after them!"

"What?" Levi questioned. He didn't expect Pandora's desire to save her nanny was so much. "That idiot," he moaned and then sighed. "Did they all go?" He asked.

"Well, Ernesto, Rosario and Brynjolf came for her," Hanji began to explain, "and said that they needed her in order to get in since the prison is heavily guarded and she's the higher Castañera. That's why she went with them."

"Where is this prison?" Levi asked. "I'm going after her."

"Levi, I promised her a day before I will send you and the others after her," Hanji stated, "you are going to wait here until then."

Levi sighed, knowing too well how stubborn she is. "Fine," he said. "At least tell me the location of this prison."

"It wasn't at first a prison, it used to be a palace called Syzygy," Hanji answered. "But promise me you won't go until I tell you to or so god help you," Hanji said in a serious tone that scared Levi.

"Promise," Levi said. He knew how scaring Hanji could get when she was angry and wasn't going to see her wrath himself anytime soon.

"Good," she smiled. Together, they went to retrieve a map of Wall Rose then went back to the bench and sat down to observe the map. Hanji spent minutes trying to find the palace/prison, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find it. "That's a little odd," she commented.

"What is?" Levi asked.

"I can't find the location of the prison," Hanji answered. "Pandora said it was located southeast of Wall Rose, but I don't see it. What's even strange is I was able to find the layout of the prison by looking it up as Palace Syzygy, but it seems like this map has neither the prison name or the palace name on it," she stated.

"How old is the map?" Levi asked. "It could be because when it was mapped the place wasn't built yet," he suggested.

"It's not even a year old," Hanji said as she checked the map again. "Ugh! Why isn't it mapped?" She exclaimed as she passed the map to Levi in frustration.

Levi looked over it, then checked it again and again until he felt Hanji's frustration. He didn't understand how a prison that was older than the map he had in his hands wasn't mapped. He didn't understand how Pandora and her relatives could go to a place not on this map. "Maybe this map has a typo," he suggested.

"I'm sure the mappers would check forty times before publishing the map," Hanji said, discharging the theory. She thought about it for a while in silence as Levi continued to find the prison. Two thoughts came into Hanji's mind, but she wasn't sure if the other theory could be possible, but it was worth giving it a try second. "Maybe... maybe it could have been mapped many years ago before it had turned into a prison," Hanji suggested.