Chapter 8: Lessons

"Oh come on , Pandora! Please tell me how you met Levi!" Hanji begged Pandora later that day when Pandora was handing the paperwork to Commander Erwin.

Pandora looked over at Erwin for help since Hanji was clinging onto Pandora. Erwin sighed. "Hanji, you can't just simply cling onto Pandora like that and expect an answer from her." Erwin began. "You have to ask her, nicely."

Hanji sighed. "Pandora, can you please tell me how you and Levi met?" Hanji politely asked.

Pandora sighed. "Wait, if you're going to tell us now then let us get Mike." Hanji said. With that she quickly ran out to find Mike. "Erwin, really? I'm not ready to tell you guys yet." Pandora said.

"Was it that bad?" Erwin asked.

"No. He wasn't rude or anything. It was just how we got to meet each other that makes me feel... I don't even know how to say it... but, unclean?" Pandora said. It was true, even to that day Pandora felt unclean from all the rapes from her young age in the streets.

"Hm. Okay, I'll help you get out of this." Erwin said.

Pandora thought about it. She knew Hanji wasn't going to drop the subject until she got an answer. And sooner or later, she was going to tell them.

"I think I should tell you now." Pandora said.

Erwin nodded at her decision. Hanji came back in with Mike. "Okay. I have Mike with me. Now speak!" Hanji said with excitement.

Pandora sighed nervously. "Well, were do I begin? Um... I was fourteen and Levi and fifteen when we met. The end." Pandora smiled.

"Oh come on! There has to be more than that!" Hanji said.

"Okay, okay!" Pandora said. "Well, how I met him wasn't the best way to meet someone. It was around this time when I was living on the streets of Wall Sina because I was abandoned by my parents at fourteen." When Pandora said that, Hanji had gasp and Mike had on a pitiful look.

"Being a fourteen year old girl on the streets is very dangerous. I was rapped multiple times.

"One day, I was walking down an ally, trying to find a spot to sleep for the night." Pandora said. She had to pause for a moment, trying to hold back the tears. "I can't remember how many men there were. I think there were three, but they called me when they saw me. Then they got me, I tried to fight back but it was obvious I was outnumbered. They began to rape me but someone began to throw rocks at them. It was Levi who did it and got them mad enough for the guys to chase him. Levi beat them up and help me up. Then he asked me where I lived, but that was the thing, I told him I didn't have a home. So he took me in and we're been the best of friends since." Pandora said.

"Wow." Hanji breathed out. "I would have never guessed that's how you met."

"Yeah. I don't think a lot of people would." Pandora said, feeling somewhat relived.

"Is that why both of you guys are always together?" Mike asked.

"I guess so. He's very protective of me, but I know it's because he cares." Pandora smiled.

Erwin nodded and collected what Pandora had revealed. Hanji now knew why Pandora didn't want to say how they met. It was too much for her to remember. Hanji smiled and stood next to Pandora.

"I knew Levi had a soft side!" Hanji smiled. "I was trying to see his soft side, so that was another reason I was kind of eavesdropping on you." Hanji sheepishly said.

"You did what?" Erwin and Mike asked.

"She eavesdropped on us a couple of hours ago." Pandora said.