Chapter 26: A Place Not on Any Map

The Scout Regiment quickly moved out of their rest spot once everything was set. There was a bit of conflict between the Commander and a subordinate, but it was ignored. 

 Everyone was silent as they all rode back to Wall Rose. That is, until some spotted two Titans chasing them. 

 Pandora turned around as saw there were two subordinates being chased by the two Titans. "What the-?" She asked herself. 

 "I told those idiots to leave it as it is," Levi muttered. "Now look what they've done." 

 Pandora have Levi a confusing look as someone shot a red flare. "The rear flank has spotted Titans!" Someone shouted out. 

 "Move out! Full speed!" Erwin commanded. 

 "There aren't any tall trees or buildings in sight. We won't be able to fight out way out of this." Levi said. 

 "It'd be faster to make a run for the wall," Erwin said. 

 "So what you're basically saying is we're gonna have to out-run them," Pandora asked him. 

 "Yes," Erwin replied. 

 When Pandora turned around again, she saw more Titans coming from the distance. She knew the carts carrying the bodies weren't very fast and that soon those Titans will reach them. "Erwin, they're gonna have to dispose of the those bodies if they want to outrun them," Pandora said to him. 

 Erwin stayed silent and looked ahead. She knew the answer: they had to dispose the bodies. A subordinate had killed one of the Titans and two others from the cart were planning of killing the other. 

 "I'll go around it and distract it..." the subordinate began to say. 

 "Don't," Levi called out to him. "Dump the bodies or it'll catch up to you."

 "But-"

 "There were hundreds before that we couldn't bring back. They're no different from them if you do it." Levi bluntly said. 

 Both of the subordinates in the cart had a bit of a debate about this. On one side, these were their comrades, friends. But on the other, if they didn't dump the bodies out, they would be dead. In the end, they took the bodies, one by one, and threw them out of the cart. 

 Pandora turned around to see if they followed Levi's orders, which to her surprise they did. She saw them throwing out the bodies, but two particular ones startled her. The first one, she saw Petra. Pandora and her were good friends. She even saw Petra like a mother figure, even though Pandora was thirteen years older than her.

The last one she saw was Alec. It broke her heart to see him being flown out of the cart, but she knew they had to. But what broke her heart even more was that Olivia was watching her lover's body being thrown out of the cart. That's when Pandora turned forward and stopped watching them. 

 Once all the bodies were thrown out of the cart, everyone began to speed up and lost the Titans. They rode for another hour before coming into another stop to check their route. But they quickly went back on track and headed to the wall.

 They eventually got back, but the villagers in the Karanese District mumbled negative comments. They noted how there were less of them than this morning, and, they talked about how the Scout Regiment was just throwing their money away.

 But nothing hurt the Scouts more than what they had to do back there. The words the villagers spat at them could never hurt them like the fact that they had to throw the bodies away. But in the end, once they all got back to headquarters, all of the leaders would have to be summon to the capital.