Chapter 63: Project X-08

"Is that the name of the project? X-08?" Pandora asked.

"Yes. The project is, a last resort as one may say," Alicia explained. "This project was created to put an end to the Titans. They have not only threaten humanity in the walls, but also humanity in the mountains."

"You've guys been attack by Titans?" Pandora asked.

"Yes. Though, not a lot. We live really up in the north and the mountains make a great wall. Though, that doesn't stop the people from the other town to attack us," Alicia said.

"Another town?"

"Yes. They are different. All of them filled with people who can become Titan. We have our fair share, but not as many as them. They pose a threat and want to keep Titans well and alive for as long as they can. This project is aimed to stop their puppets, making them vulnerable for your troops back in the walls," Alicia stated. "But, in order for that to happen, I need someone from the wall and from the Scout Regiment, and here you are."

Pandora nodded her head, trying to process everything at once. She knew there was a village out of the walls, she heard someone from the 104th talk about it, but she didn't remember who. "So am I your lab rat?" She asked.

"Yes and no. No because you are much more important than that," Alicia said. "Fernando, would you care to explain the project to your daughter."

"Yes. Well Pandora, this project mostly relies on you," he began to say. "We'll give you a serum, and that serum will be injected on your arm and it will go to your head-"

"What's in the serum?" Pandora asked.

"Information you will need to end all Titans," he said. "My spies were able to steal the files that contain highly classified information about them that the monarchy was trying to keep a secret. However, to keep things safe and to avoid another event like this, you will not remember much of the info once the project is completed. However, if these Titans do appear again, and god forbid it does happen, your offspring will know what to do."

"So it's okay for me to be pregnant while I receive this serum?" Pandora asked.

"Yes. It just assures us that your offspring will defiantly know as well. We just have to change something to make it more effective," her father responded.

"However, we need you to be on board with this plan," Alicia said. "We can't give you anything unless you consent to doing it."

"My consent? After that one guy kidnapped me and took me here?" Pandora asked.

"About that, I do apologize," Alicia said. "It was the only way we could get you without involving or endangering anyone else. Or running a risk."

Pandora sighed and thought about her option for a moment. She thought that maybe this could be a good thing, after all, the end goal was to end the wrath of the Titans. Maybe she should take this offer, but what harm will it do to her and the baby she's expecting. Well, they did said it was better if she was expecting.

"I'll do it."

------------

Pandora sat on the couch that was placed in front of the window in her room. She was waiting for either Tomone or Kiko to come by and take her down to the lab, but it seemed like it's been a while now. She watched the mountains and the busy people walking on the streets. She liked how green it was here, how everything felt fresh, unlike the inside of the Walls. She guest it was because she knew. The difference was too noticeable to ignore.

"Pandora," a knock followed after that. Pandora turned around and saw Kiko standing on the doorway with a smile. Her jet-black hair pulled back on a ponytail. "It time."