Chapter 15: Noble's Secret - An Ugly Truth

"I barely step into this room and I already hate the party." Levi muttered as him and the higher-ups of the Scout Regiment enter the big ballroom of the Castañera's. He never thought he'd be here again. He never imagine he'd be in a noble's party to begin with.

"We just have to survive for four hours and then we're good." Hanji mutters to him.

"Ah! Glad to see the Scout Regiment join us!" A woman with tan skin, brown hair that was up in a big style, brown eyes, and wore a big red ballgown with gold rhinestones on it's corset.

"Good evening Mrs. Castañera." Erwin bowed.

"Just call me Silvia." The woman said. "And these are your officers." The woman turned to them.

"Yes. This is Captain Levi," Levi stepped forward and held his hand out, which Mrs. Castañera took. "Pleasure to meet you." He said then stepped back. "Our squad leaders Hanji Zoe, Mike Zacharius, and Nanaba." Erwin said. Each one of them introduced themselves to not only Silvia Castañera, but to Fernando Castañera, her husband, Alonso Castañera, and Ivonne Castañera.

Fifteen minutes into the party and Levi felt the need to punch something. Of course he can't since he had to be polite. This party will be the death of me, Levi thought as he looked around the room. He started to wonder if drinking the alcohol would be a good idea. The pros would be that time will fly by and he won't remember shit about this shitty party, but the cons were that he probably make a fool of himself or something.

"Oi Levi!" Hanji slapped Levi's back to get his attention. "Is that Nile Dawk I see over there?" Hanji pointed out. Levi looked to see where he was.

"I'm glad I didn't walk over there to get a drink." Levi muttered as he saw Nile by the punch bowl. "I would have insulted the brat on the spot."

Hanji smirked. "Pandora told me to insult him for her." She said.

"And what are you going to do?" Levi asked.

"I'm going to fulfill her wish." Hanji said as she dragged Levi with her. "Help me out, will you." Hanji stated.

"Fine. But only because I want to insult the brat also and for Pam." Levi said.

"Ah! You used her nickname!" Hanji smiled.

"So what, Four-Eyes?" Levi asked.

"You guys are getting closer now! Now all you need to do is tell her you love her." Hanji said.

Levi was going to tell Hanji that she was out of her mind, but he realize that she was right.

"I don't hear you denying it." Hanji sang.

"Shut up." Levi muttered.

When they were by the punch bowl where Nile was, Hanji and Levi pretended not to see Nile there and talked about him.

"What do you think about the shitty commander of the Military Police?" Levi asked Hanji.

"I think he's the king of shitty commanders of the MP." Hanji said.

Nile looked over at the two and saw them. "You guys talking about me?" He asked.

"Bitch, we might be." Levi said and they both walked away.

------------------

Erwin walked around the ballroom, trying to find some type of evidence of Pandora Castañera. As he walked, he saw random paintings hanging on the walls. He didn't give up for he was trying to find the family portrait he saw earlier. When he found it, he took a good look at it.

There were five members in the portrait. Silvia and Fernando were sitting on a fancy love seat with a baby boy in their arms. Erwin assumed this portrait is older than it looks since Ivonne wasn't anywhere and Alonso was still a baby. Next to Silvia was a girl that looks to be eight or nine with glasses and had her hair braided to the side. She didn't wore a smile and wore a royal blue dress. Immediately, Erwin knew this was Pandora Castañera. Next to Fernando was a boy who looked to be five and had his hair to the side. Right away Erwin knew it was Sebastian, the other dead child.