Chapter 24: The 57th Expedition - Fatal

Captain Levi and Captain Pandora were by Commander Erwin's side in less than a minutes since they left their squads. Pandora saw Nora by a back-up trap, ready to pull the trigger when said to. She also saw Oscar and Olivia with Marine and Hanji.

"Looks like it stopped moving," Levi noted.

"We can't let our guard down," Erwin said. They saw how the Female Titan tried to move, but it stayed put as the wires did the job. "How'd you manage to lure it all the way here?" Erwin asked them.

"The squad behind us gave us time." Pandora replied. "By giving up their lives for us."

"I see..." Erwin said.

"That's right..." Levi muttered. "Thanks to their sacrifice, we'll get to meet the person inside the nape of this one's neck."

All three of them stared at the Female as it tried to move. The wire gave a whining sound, but did what Hanji created them to do.

"I hope she's not wetting herself in fear..." Levi said.

You can see the fear the Titan had in it's face. It's icy blue eyes widen at the pain it was feeling all over it's body. Pandora wondered if the person inside could actually feel the wires puncturing it's Titan. But, she saw the pained look the Titan had, so she came to a conclusion the person inside did feel it.

Levi pulled out his blade, ready to do harm to the Female Titan in front of him. "Wait, Levi," Erwin said. "We can't be too careful. Second and third waves! Fire!" Erwin commanded.

Pandora saw Nora pulled the trigger along with Marine, Olivia, Oscar, and Hanji and others. "Fire the back-ups as well!" Erwin ordered.

A lot of smoke came out of the traps that were hidden as supplies. Flashes also came from the traps as the gun powder ignited.

--------

The 104th waited outside of the forest, looking either at the scenery or the Titans below them. They suddenly heard what sounded like cannon explosions to them, which was odd. But, they also heard the Titans below trying to climb up the trees. Trying. Some were close to succeeding, but then they'll fall and land on other Titans.

Xenia looked below as she saw the Titans trying to grab her. The mindless monsters didn't give up, though, and Xenia felt that looking at them will just give them more encouragement in their mindless movements.

"Mikasa, Xenia, what do you think those sounds were?" Sasha asked them as she stared at the sky, but then turned to look at them. "Could they be firing cannons in the forest?" She asked.

Xenia wondered also that too. It struck her odd that they could even hear explosions to begin with. After all, she didn't see cannons in the supply cart.

On the other side of the forest, Baltazar kept a close eye on Reiner. He always had every since this mission started. But of course, he didn't know why he felt the need to in the first place. But, Baltazar has noticed how edgy Reiner was at the moment.

"They've been making quite a racket in there," Ymir stated. "Hey, Bertholdt, have you seen Christa?" Ymir asked.

"Sorry, I haven't." Bertholdt responded.

"I have, earlier though," Baltazar said. "I think she's around here somewhere." His attention was caught when he saw Jean and Armin move to another tree. The same tree he was sitting down with his knees up to his chest. They started to talk about how the Titans were capable of learning, judging by the Titan that was in front of them, trying to climb up the tree and was actually getting the hang of it.

"That's pretty damn scary," Baltazar commented with a sigh. He was exhausted already, even though the expedition wasn't even close to being over yet. After all, they still had to get to Shiganshina and then go back to Wall Rose.