A Flower Withers...

JELLAL

It was silent for a while till the battle begins with the two of us clashing against one another. We both blasted our attacks at the same time nearly destroying the place. I dashed through his attack gripping his neck from within and pinned him down the ground. "Snap out of it Siegrain! What's wrong with you?"

He let out a grin, laughing at my statement. "I must lead the world into destruction, it says." What is he talking about...could it be that he's under some sort of control? I gritted my teeth feeling nothing but anger inside of me. What has Zeref done to him? Siegrain gave a sudden hit as he freed himself from my grip. I quickly dodged his next attack.

"Stop moving around, I have a mission to be accomplish." He let out a sickly laugh blasting dark spells all over the place. I noticed one of it is going to hit Erza. "Erza dodge!" I yelled while blocking few of his attacks. Luckily Erza noticed just in time before she dodge it. "That was close. Jellal, I think you need a helping hand for this." She said holding up her sword up high. "Didn't you hear my orders, just don't go anywhere out of my sight!"

"Yes I know but as a servant and someone who is close to you, I can't simply just stand here and do nothing. I don't care, I'm going to use all of my power and help you fight. You want to save Siegrain right? Just do what you are normally best at! What happen to that slight cold Jellal I once know?" My eyes shot wide hearing those words. "You're right Erza...let's do this together. I need you to focus."

"Right!"

I inhaled deeply focusing all of my magic energy into this one attack. I could feel it surging through my body. I opened my eyes looking at Siegrain who was standing opposite getting ready with his attack. "I'm sorry Siegrain, but this is for your own good." I put my hands together unleashing my special move, "Heavenly Body Magic, Pleiades!"

"Dance my swords, Pentagram swords!" Erza summoned more of her swords combining with mine blasting all over Siegrain. We covered our eyes the moment a bright light burst through the whole scene by our magic. "Did we get him?" asked Erza.

"I'm not sure..." I said opening my eyes. I gasped seeing the white light being absorbed till it vanishes. Siegrain was left unharmed, grinning away after absorbing the attack. "Is that the best you two could do?" He repelled the attack earlier. I quickly grabbed Erza avoiding the blast. "That was close."

"You can say that again. Looks like our attacks didn't even hit him." I said getting up from the ground. Then I heard someone shouting from the distance. "Lookout!" I raised my eyebrow, "Natsu?" He came flying over hitting at my back and we both fell to the ground. "Jellal Natsu are you guys alright?"

I grunted as Natsu got off from my back and we both sat up on the ground. "What happened to you Natsu?" I asked and noticed Zeref flew down, standing beside Siegrain with a grin look on his face. "Long story, I was having a fun time fighting till he got a chance to hit me. I didn't notice till I saw the two of you. Sorry about the sudden fall."

"I must say that you still have lot to go Natsu..." said Zeref snickering away. Natsu growled softly, glaring at him. "I'm not done with you yet Zeref. You have sins to atone, for all the people you have caused grief." Zeref gave a cold stare at my mother who was lying on the ground unconsciously. "It seems the milady has fallen. She has no use for me." He used his magic over her turning her into air particles. My eyes shot wide seeing her disintegrating till nothing was left. "Mother..."

"She was dead long time ago, I only restore her back to life using my own powers creating a false memory of you killing your own family. It's quite interesting to see her hatred towards you Jellal, a son whom she loves dearly." I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists. "How could you Zeref...what's your purpose on doing this!?!"

He laughed, "I have my own ultimate goal and you can't stop me!" He let out a raging dark blast towards the three of us. I grunted casting a defend shield from his attack.

ERZA

"Jellal you need to calm down."

"Stop it brother! Let's just end this!" yelled Natsu. Zeref sneered, "I had enough of this nonsense. Siegrain, kill them!" Siegrain smirked raising his hand summoning his attack. "With pleasure master."

"Siegrain don't do this!" yelled Jellal. "There's no way he would listen to anyone of you. His body and mind have been merged with the darkness." Zeref pointed out. "Destruction." Siegrain muttered gathering enough magic energy before he could release it. His face expression changed, which reminds me of a maniac person. "Don't do this Siegrain!" said Jellal as he ran up towards him. "Jellal!"

Zeref snickered giving a dark blast at his direction. Natsu quickly put off those dark flames with his fire breath. "Alta...ris..." Siegrain stopped all of the sudden coughing out blood all over the ground. I gasped seeing Jellal used one of his hands, piercing deeply under his gut. He hid his face beneath his blue fangs. A tear slid on his face, I knew that he was having a hard time of making the decision before using that attack on his brother. "But why..." I said softly feeling the tension between the two of them. Zeref and Natsu were just standing there quietly watching the scene.

JELLAL

"You...saved me once again...brother..." I looked up seeing Siegrain slowly regained his conscious. Blood was trickling down his lips. I took out my hand from his wound and supported his back. He panted heavily before holding on to one of my arms. "I'm sorry...Siegrain..." I said gripping him closer to me. He shook his head slightly, "If you haven't done that, who knows what will happen to me. I would have done the same if I gain control back over my body."

I noticed the dark marks were still spreading over his body. Siegrain gripped my hand tightly and looked straight at my face. "End me Jellal..." My eyes widened in shock. "No...you're the only one I have left. I can't afford to lose another of my loved one again." He hitched his breath, coughing once more and more blood was gashing out of his mouth. "Siegrain!"

"Please...do it for me Jellal...I don't want to end up being a monster..." he said through his heaving panting. I gritted my teeth as I pulled him closer while I aimed at his neck. "Jellal are you...grgh..." I embedded my fangs deeply drawing out Zeref's darkness from him. I noticed there was a small tattoo on his shoulder blade. I used my powers breaking that seal off completely. The dark marks vanished from his body as he lost conscious falling within my arms. "Everything is going to be alright Siegrain..." I said while laying him down on the ground.

"How pathetic...to think that all my plans go to waste. Looks like I'll have to finish this by myself!" Zeref's expression turned to anger as his dark aura burst out of him all over the scene. I blocked most his attacks and it seems Natsu and Erza was doing the same too. I quickly chanted a spell, setting a magic barrier over Siegrain before continuing with my attacks.

Zeref grinned, "You're wide open Jellal!" The scene went too fast and after a second I felt the warmth of her blood over my body. My eyes shot wide feeling shocked seeing Erza taking the hit. I barely grabbed her before touching the ground. "Erza...Erza...why..." She cupped my cheeks wiping the tears away, giving a soft smile. "I can't let you die Jellal...I told you right...I always wanted to protect you..."

TO BE CONTINUED...