Change of Heart

ZEREF

"He's different now..." Everyone gasped except me while watching the aura slowly died off. Jellal just stood still for a while without making any move. I was getting ready with my attacks and I was right. He was even faster than before, I quickly blocked his first attack, dodging few steps backwards. I started laughing to myself feeling his new strength. "I see...so that's why I couldn't use Fairy Heart fully. Now I can finally enjoy myself feeling its true strength. Bring it on Jellal...show me that pain, let me feel the burn all over my body."

JELLAL

I gritted my teeth unleashing my spell merging with Fairy Heart and blasted at him. The flames were surrounding him, burning him all over till it vanishes. Zeref was still standing there, his burnt skin started healing itself till normal. He let out a grin, "My, my is that the best you could do Jellal..." He took a few steps forward gazing straight into my eyes. "Aren't you going to avenge your parent's death, your brother Siegrain and your friends, the innocent lives that I once brought them to their deaths?"

"Shut up!" I raged grabbing his collar plunging him down the ground hardly. "Don't ever remind me of that." Then, I heard Gray, Natsu and Mavis were calling me. "Jellal stop!" Gray and Natsu grabbed me from behind before I could even hit Zeref one more time. "Let go of me you two." They grunted, "Geez Jellal, you have to take our Fairy Heart out of you immediately!" said Natsu. "Let go..." I snapped the moment they both tighten the grip. I struggled through their grip until I felt a wave of strong magic energy as the aura burst out, pushing away from me.

I dropped to my knees feeling the burning sensation coursing through my body. "Listen Jellal, you barely can control Fairy Heart. You should take it off before it starts to control you too." I grunted in pain feeling it taking control over my body. I hit the ground hard using my own strength to command Fairy Heart, making it my own. "I guess I can help with that." Zeref stood up unleashing his attack, "Exploding Flame Blade of Darkness!"

I should be able to control it somehow but it wouldn't even budge. If only I could be really calm about using this power...in order to save humanity, for the sake of the people, my friends who really helped me out throughout my journey. If I could use it one last time, then I'll have to accept Fairy Heart as part of me. The feelings I had for my friends and family. Then I rather give my life for the better of others! Immediately I felt something...like a slight current passing through my mind as I quickly defended his flame blade attack quickly. I never felt this before...its like Fairy Heart is merging with my own body and my reflexes have started to level up as well. I gathered all of Fairy Heart's magic channeling it into one spell along with my Heavenly Body Magic. "This is the end of you Zeref!"

MAVIS

I was impressed at his strength over controlling Fairy Heart. Has he truly noticed its true power that he use it to merge with its body. In my whole life, I have never anticipated Fairy Heart merging with the caster's body before. Looks like whatever the books mentioned about its true strength were right. The true strength of Fairy Heart lies within the caster's strength, his or hers motives, feelings. "He managed to control it?" said both Gray and Natsu as I nodded. "He somehow got it down."

JELLAL

"This is the end of the line!" Zeref snickered taking out his attack, "I told you, whatever you pull, I'll still be standing here recovered fully!" Both of us unleashed out ultimate attacks burning through each other's' skin, feeling the burning sensation tensely. "I will not lose!"

"So do I Zeref!" I raged out all my strength into this one attack against Zeref's black curse magic while he does the same too. Both our aura collided against each other creating a strong wind surrounding the whole scene. I need to take it higher, I need it to reach towards my feelings, the love I had for the people I cared. I don't care even my body breaks, I just have to stop all of this. All of the sudden I got a flashback of young Zeref with his family, the love he had for them and everything else that happened to him since he got the curse. Then I saw another image of him crying bitterly in a forest, getting tormented from the curse itself and also I noticed that he was regretting about the works he had done to kill himself. One after another of his image crosses through my mind and it all came towards a scene where he hid all his emotions, locked away deep within his heart.

I sighed after while watching those flashbacks of his...is that really how you felt. In that case I'll do it in a different way. I used up all of my strength overpowering Zeref's curse magic till he loses his balance dropping to the ground.

ZEREF

I could feel my skin getting burned by his bright flames. So that's how Fairy Heart feels like...its true strength. Finally, my wish will come to past...I couldn't be more happier. Wait...what is this feeling? No way...it couldn't be...

JELLAL

I panted sitting on the ground after using up all of my strength. Zeref slowly sat up as he asked. "Why didn't you finish me off?"

"I changed my mind. I guess killing ain't going to solve any of this. That's why I decided to remove that curse of yours using Fairy Heart." His eyes widened, "But how? No other magic could cure my curse unless if I..."

"End yourself?" I said as he stopped talking looking at me shock. "Well I get it that you didn't want to hurt people so that's why you decided to avoid contact, however I think that killing yourself would even hurt more especially your family. Do you really think they would like to see you like this?" He looked down to the ground. "What about Natsu?"

"I know you don't have to say it! I'm not worthy as his older brother!" I gritted my teeth and pinned him down the ground. "Don't keep pushing yourself too hard. Now that your curse has been finally removed there's no reason for you to act like this. You should be grateful that you are given second chance to live. So turn yourself in and atone for your sins Zeref!"

I saw his eyes were watery as he covered them with one his hand and cried."What have I done? All this time I always thought death could be the solution but instead you decided to let me go despite of my actions. I don't know what to do...now that is over." I let go of him giving him some pace. "You should go talk to Natsu. I'm sure he's been wanting to talk to you." Zeref gasped, sitting up. I gave a slight chuckle, "He has high respects of his brother and loves him dearly. So you want to say anything to him Natsu?"

Natsu jerked up nervously, "Ye..yes! I mean what?!?!" Gray hit his back pushing him forward, "Go ahead Natsu, you actually wanted to see him right."

"No I did not."

"Don't be." said Gray as Natsu smiled back and he walked over facing Zeref. "I should leave you two alone. Well Gray you're ready?" I said patting on his shoulder. He looked at me as I chanted the spell removing the seal curse mark on his lower torso. Gray was blown after noticing the black burse mark was gone along with his werewolf form. "How did you do that?"

"Well, I used Fairy Heart to remove it, the same thing I did with Zeref's curse. But you still have magic in you Gray." His eyes were slightly wide, "Wait does that mean I'm still a werewolf?" I shook my head, "Not anymore, the reason you were changed into one was because of your curse seal and now that is gone you have returned back to human, but as I said, you still can use magic."

Gray smiled, running through his hair, "Well, I actually am glad that I'm not a werewolf anymore." Then wwe heard someone panting from behind as we turned around almost screaming. "What the Juvia what happened to you?" Both of us yelled. She gave a pouted look and crossed her arms, "I can't believe I got separated from my beloved during the run. I was tagging along behind until I got tired. My legs were killing me because of the run. After taking a few minutes rest I realized that my beloved Gray was already far away and I was far behind from him. But it doesn't matter now..." She ran over clinging around Gray, "I'm already united with my beloved."

I snickered while Gray was just blown by her actions. "And when are you going to let go?" She laughed clinging even closer, "Forever!" Gray snapped, "So creepy!" I laughed seeing those two getting along well, I waved them as I noticed Mavis was still there but she was all down. I gave a soft smile thinking its time that I should return her magic. 

To Be Continued...