Page 11

"My lord, it is good to see you," greeted Loi, Lacan's wife.

"Hello Loi, I have come to see Lacan," the big man rested slightly on the garden wall and looked at the garden.

"I shall get him for you," she went inside and was only a moment. Lacan exited with her.

Lacan was a tall and surly man, he was dressed in robes and not his usual leather armour that Kendra so frequently saw him in. "My captain, why are you here?" asked Lacan.

"I need you to walk with me," starting to walk beside the river Kendra expected Lacan to catch him up.

Running a little Lacan asked, "What is it?" as he caught Kendra up.

"Tarendon was in disguise yesterday and tried to enter the palace that way. Colman and Fech stopped him and Colman laid hands on him. Tarendon was drunk and drew a blade on him. Fech did not know it was the king's brother. He is to be put to death, and if Tarendon has anything to do with it, so will Colman."

"I have been away from the court for a few days, I am not up on the gossip."

"I tried to see the king but Tarendon was already there and Kaleen would not let me in. I just wanted your advice. You know how intractable the king can be, especially concerning his family."