Part 54

“Yes my lord, he has many men, but ours are better trained and have more heart and we are on the side of right.”

Baran pushed himself away from the wall with his leg then looked with a steely gaze at his champion as though peering deep inside, “You have produced miracles before, I believe you can do it again.” For a long time, it seemed, Baran looked into Kendra’s eyes.

Kendra began to feel uncomfortable but continued the stare, “God is on our side and with his help we shall overcome.”

Breaking his gaze the king started to look at the palm tree near his hut, “Well then we will call a meeting of the commanders in an hour.”

“Belgarn is not within distance he is visiting family in the Gard province.”

“Never mind, the council of war shall prepare without him. You will make sure his company is ready for his return.”

Nodding and smiling slightly Kendra set off to find the other commanders.

The room was sparsely furnished and had a table, two benches and a censor for heat and some light at night. Kendra had spread the map on the roughly hewn table then waited for the others to assemble.

Salley, Bornt, Keefa and Ashi arrived together talking loudly. They each acknowledged their commander. He sat on the edge of the table with his arms folded facing the door waiting for the other three and the king.