Part 29

There was once a man God spoke to. His name became Abraham. The Greeks thought that he and Semiramis were alive at the same time but though she had a long life she had died hundreds of years before. Her legacy lived on though. Idolatry, false religion and magic use were no longer kept in the mysteries but practices outwardly. So God called Abram out of Ur of the Chaldees. Abram was of the line of Shem, one who still clung to belief and worship of the one true God. He went with Terah his father and stayed in Haran for five years until his father died. Once again he listened to God and travelled to Shechem. On the road to the great tree of Moreh there was a shrine. Kendra had appeared there because he wanted to speak to the shrine prostitute. Abram walked by with Sarai his wife. They had been to buy a dress for Sarai. Abram looked away from the shrine prostitute and Kendra in disgust.

Kendra took affront to this, “Why do you look with such disdain at me?”

“She is a shrine prostitute, a worshipper of false gods, one who prostitutes herself as part of her worship of them,” answered Abram.

“That may be so,” answered Kendra, “but I am buying a pie off her, she makes wonderful apple pies.”

“I would not even touch her apple pies with a large stick.”

“That is very righteous of you, I will not offer you any then.”

“Why should I accept any of your pie anyway?”

Kendra thought for a moment and from the corner of his eye saw one of the angels accompanying Abram.

“This is Shem’s chosen ancestor,” said the angel.

Kendra looked at Abram, “I know why you should have some, I was friends with your ancestor Shem.”

Abram and Sarai still refused and walked on their way but Kendra kept his on them from afar.