Kendra - The Beginning

The sky was black, the rain was endless. As far as one could see there was water, and rain, endless rain. Splashing up and down, the boat surfed through the water. It was a large structure, 75 feet wide, 200 foot long and 45 foot high covered in black pitch. If one could smell the boat from the water, it would reek of animal dung. But there was no one to see or smell the boat, except Kendra. Kendra stood upon the ark looking at the roughly worked wood of the roof. It had been moving through the water for twenty-one days now and the roof was treacherous to walk on. Still he wanted a change from the endless peace of the Bosom. The large man was soaked from his long raven black ringlets through his pale grey robe to his sandals.

Kendra concentrated in his spirit and appeared back in his garden. He could hear the bubbling of the brook and saw the luscious green of the lawn and the overhanging fruit trees cascading down to the dip where the well was. He saw his wife picking some plums with her slender hands. The basket was half full and she turned to jiggle it slightly when she saw Kendra.

"Hello darling," she said as she walked to cuddle him.

"Hello," he replied as he hugged her back. After a moment he looked up and noticed the veranda. "Are we expecting guests?"

"My mother and father are coming to be with us while we eat."

"The last time I saw your father was when he watched me plant the pear trees near the hut."

"That was a year ago."

"He must be busy, visiting all his old friends that he used to have on earth." He put his arm around her shoulder, she looked up at him and they both walked into their dwelling.

He was hanging around the door with his father and another angel. Cephra and his son wanted to gain entrance. Kendra was the smallest so Cephra tried to push past him. Kendra took affront. He drew his sword and held it aloft, Cephra and the others drew theirs. The good angels drew theirs last but not before Cephra tried to strike Kendra. Kendra was good, taught by his father. He parried the strike and hit Cephra on his mailed shoulder. The blow stunned Cephra for a moment. Cephra's son caught Kendra in the ribs. His father and friend each struck Cephra and his son, they drove the evil ones back from the doorway. Kendra helped. Cephra and his son fled, as he did so the son jeered, "Next time we meet, Kendra."

Kendra, his father and friend cheered, then Kendra noticed that there was a pain in his side. He had been wounded. Thalen his father looked at him.