Part 30

Chelnuk was now a man. He still bartered among the Nephilites of the Bosom but he wanted more. He wanted adventure. He wanted a wife. As his father did he took to brooding in solitary places. Standing on the Western tip of the Bosom he would look at either the black space filled with stars or the light of heaven, one mingled into another here at the tip.

“I need a wife,” he thought longingly, “I want an earth wife like my mother.”

When he returned home he was distant. Salinas noticed this and spoke to Kendra. “I am worried about Chelnuk, he seems to be brooding, in a dark mood similar to the ones you go through.” She frowned slightly.

“I will talk to him,” replied the Nephilim as he got up from his slumber. He could see that his son was in the garden.

Chelnuk picked up some small stones and started plopping them into the garden pool one by one.

“Hey,” said his father, “I bathe in that.” He wafted his towel at him.

His son looked round at him, his lip twisted, “So clean it out.”

Kendra was surprised by his son’s disrespectful answer. “Have you been going near the membrane again?”

“No father, I have been to the Western tip. I need a wife and I want an earth wife.” He stood there arms crossed putting a barrier between them.