Part 31

Kendra thought for a moment, “But that is quite impossible here Chelnuk. There are only Nephilites to choose from.”

“I know.”

“I cannot just take a woman from the earth to be your wife.”

“I know.”

“So how are you going to solve this problem you have?” He sat down on the steps near the pool. “I thought you liked Draneen, Dula’s daughter?”

“I did, but she has been given to Barna as troth.”

“I did not know this. Are there no others you desire?”

“No father.”

“This makes it very difficult, for all of us.”

“Take me to the earth father, so I can choose a wife of my own.”

Kendra was stunned, he had always thought that Chelnuk and Sarine would stay with Salinas and he until then end of time. “I will need to discuss this with your mother. He walked back into the house, Salinas was crouching next to the cooker.

“Did you speak to him?” she asked wrinkling her forehead, a sign of her obvious concern.

“You will not like it. Did you know that Draneen had been given to Barna?”

“I did not know that.”

“Well she has and now Chelnuk is asking for an earth wife, and not only that but to be taken to the earth to find one for himself.”

Salinas drew a sharp intake of breath. she was shocked. "Chelnuk leave the Bosom? I did not think that would ever happen." Her face saddened as the full impact of Chelnuk's decision hit her.