Part 49

From the window he could see movement. Another quick movement. After about another 10 seconds small groups of men came from the bushes and made their way to the houses. The door burst open and a large man flanked by two others stood there. The large man looked stunned because Kendra was larger than him.

“Thought you’d surprise us eh?” nodded Kendra.

The large man ran towards the Nephilim. Kendra side stepped him and pushed him into a wall, dazing him. Charging at him from the right was another man with a spear. Catching the spear Kendra swung the man round and into a post, breaking his arm.

“There’s a giant among them,” the man on the left screamed then ran away.

Rousing himself the tall man again lunged at Kendra. The Nephilim raised his sword and deflected the blow. Again and again the man rained down blows that were deflected by the champion. Kendra body slammed the man into the post and made him drop his sword. Looking at Kendra first the man then looked at his fallen sword.

“Let’s have a bit of rough and tumble,” Kendra grinned as he stood his sword beside the fire place.

Running for Kendra the tall man found him sooner than expected. There was a slam of bodies and the man grabbed his opponent’s hair and pulled it hard. Pulling his head round fast Kendra jarred the man’s hand. From his boot the man drew a blade and brandished it.