Part 23

Kendra paused for a moment, he pursed his lips, looked at them both, thought again then answered, “Your advice is sound, yet I am tempted to still see their lair. I would not kill them lest they tried to kill me, surely you know this?”

“We do,” they answered.

“But you are one half mortal, not fully bound by the rules we keep. You keep them because of your ideals. If you were ever to fall, then what would happen?” enquired Danen.

“Even angels have fallen,” Kendra replied, “do not question my morals or the code I live by.”

“The difference between you and us is that we cannot take life as you do. We can only preserve it.”

Kendra had to think. “Goodbye Danen, Puleyn I will be away now.” He concentrated again.

Appearing in the Sacred Bowl he stood for a while to take in the view. This was a place of collective worship that looked into the heart of heaven. There were alcoves and at this time of day it was empty. Was he bending the rules? Was he falling away from his high ideals? He may keep his personal code, but was it right by him to encourage mortals to kill those he could not, without feeling guilty?

“Lord, there is not this problem in the Bosom. No one is out of kill me.”

He listened.

“But Lord they are trying to kill me.”

He listened again.

“It is guarding the door and making enemies with another half angel that have got me into trouble.”