Page 3

"See that the king does not arrive at his destination," said Kendra to his second in command. All of his men got on their horses and rode after Parem. Looking on the ground he picked up a spear head and put it in his cloak as a memento. He then concentrated and appeared back in the court of his liege. He spoke to the king who did not appear to be startled by the sudden appearance of one of his captains , "Lord, Parem's army has been decimated. He is in flight being pursued by your men."

The king looked up from the map he had been studying and into the Nephilim's eyes, "Well done Kendra, his constant raids on our border were worrying. Have you worked up enough of an appetite yet? Did you kill enough to do so?"

"Barely ten men my Lord. I may have a snack."

The King walked into his dining room followed by the half angel. They sat either side of a table filled with fruit and roast meats. A servant girl poured them both some wine. Kendra nodded to her.

"Tell me what was it like seeing Parem's men die?"

"The first ten were dead before even they knew we were there. We ambushed them at the copse on the way to Parem's city. Then killed another four who had tried to surround me. I split one's head down the middle and cracked another's with my pommel. Once Parem is dead you can take over his lands."