Part 24

And again he listened.

“Yes my Lord.”

His countenance changed, he was no longer troubled. He would make a different plan of action.

As he walked in the Sacred Bowl he bumped into Salinas. She looked at him quizzically “Kendra, what are you doing here? I thought you were on the earth.”

“I needed time to think. I needed time to pray. I feel better now. I was sorely tempted to ‘allow’ the King to ‘execute’ the assassins on my behalf. But now I know that was wrong I feel released. This is the kind of temptation man feels all the time,” he smiled in a relaxed way.

She was pleased with his reply, his whole countenance had changed for the better, “Yes my husband, here I am released from that burden too, come let us walk here in the Bowl.”

They walked arm in arm through the alcoves and steps that comprised the Bowl and they were happy.

The next day Kendra decided to visit the court of King Baran again. As he entered the King’s Hall, he noticed that there was a bust of himself next to the King’s throne. The King was looking at it with Menelas.

“What is this my King?” Kendra inquired as he too looked around it.

“Are you not pleased Kendra? Menelas has dealt with the assassins for you? Based upon the letters found in Dinas’s room, Menelas found their base. I had all the assassins and their families put to death. Here, Menelas brought you this bust they kept in their base back as a present.”