Page 4

After the meal Kendra excused himself and went to the officer's quarters in the barracks. Lima was there and greeted him, "My Lord, good day. how did the battle go?"

Mendez took delight in telling Lima the details, "Parem was running away the last I saw of him, being pursued by Dilane and the others." He looked at the desk and the things on it, "I have come to check up on you. Is there anything that needs my attention?"

Lima looked a little concerned, "There was an incident at the Palm Door yesterday. Colman and Fech stopped a drunk entering the palace. He turned out to be the king's cousin in a disguise. He wore different clothes so that he could go carousing and wenching in the cities flesh pots."

This perturbed Kendra, "So what was done about it?"

"Tarendon made a complaint to me because one of the men had struck him, knowing full well who he was. I was going to see them both in a few minutes."

"I will stay to see how you handle the situation," said Kendra as he placed a chair near the wall and sat on it, arms crossed.

Lima shuffled a few clay tablets then opened the door, "Colman, Fech," he shouted, "come here now."

Lima sat looking at a cuniformed clay tablet as first Colman and then Fech entered.