Part 22

Kendra pondered for a moment. Then he concentrated in a different way. There seemed to be a haze, a blurring of reality, and two figures standing in the room who are not there before. He closed the door after making sure the guards were back at their posts.

“Did you see anything on the day of my injury?”

Puleyn, the first angel spoke up, “I was near you my lord, I managed to cause the blade to your shoulder instead of being plunged into your heart, through your back. I soon after went to give my report to your father.”

“What about you Danen, did you see anything of the disruption caused in this room?”

“No my lord, but there are some jewels missing from a previous visit I made and I saw a thief around the palace on the same day. It is my intuition that it is he who missed the room when he stole the jewels.”

Puleyn commented, “If one from the Kendra death cult had come to this room, he would surely not have left the letters that you have just found.”

“Why are you two here?” asked Kendra.

“Why do you have to ask? It is to guard you, we were told off last time because we were not quick enough to act,” replied Puleyn.

Kendra nodded knowing that he spoke the truth then inquired, “Do you know where the cult resides?”

“Of course,” said Danen, “but we cannot help you harm the assassins, as you know, it is our code.”

“I follow the code too, part of my father’s legacy. I would not kill them in cold blood. I just wish to see their base, to help me make plans for their capture.”

Danen and Puleyn looked at each other. “You are being deceitful Kendra, we cannot break the code. We know that you have considered allowing King Baran to execute them if they are found trying to kill you.”

“I would still not break the code, I would only kill them if they tried to kill me.”

“But Kendra, there are many hundreds of assassins, the heirs of Cephrasi, they will not all strike at once. This is a legacy that will exist as long as you do. If you kill a few of them, others will still live to carry on their vendetta against you.”

“But I cannot live on the earth in constant fear for my life.”

“You must choose another path, if you choose your mortal friends aid then we can aid you no more in this matter. You decide,” Puleyn jerked his head toward Kendra.

“How will you help me otherwise?” asked the Nephilim.

“We will wake you when they are near, we will tell you of their plots, we will guard you, we will show you love for your father’s sake,” smiled Danan.

“And we will do this until the coming of the New Earth, when all flesh must die,” declared Puleyn.