Chapter Forty-Seven

"We're almost inside the building. Few men from my father's side and the French Mafia's have been taken down. We would need to have the back up as soon as possible." Jaejoong's voice was heard on the line.

"I've already given instructions to my team. Additional backup is coming." The Colonel answered.

"Please ask him where our Dara is." Mr. Park spoke.

"Mr. Park, they're on their way to get her from the meeting room. We should just be patient."

Jiyong stayed silent, his face placed on his hands while his elbows were on his knees.

"I'm nervous, Chae. Is Dara okay?" Jiyong heard Bom asked Chaerin.

"We can only pray for her safety and trust Jaejoong."

Jiyong stood up and kicked the wall after hearing what Chaerin said. As much as he wanted to be where Dara was, he can only sit and wait. What made him more upset was that he could only wait for Jaejoong's update for him to know the status of the situation where they were.

Daesung was about to stand up and walk towards Jiyong but Youngbae pulled him by the hand to let him sit back on the chair.

"Give him space. There's nothing that can console him at this time." Youngbae whispered.

The room was left with silence from all the people that were inside. The only sound that's audible is the harsh breathing from Jaejoong's end.

Not long after, they heard gun shots from the other line.

"They've seen us. The Gang is fighting against us now... What's the status of the backup?"

The Colonel looked at one of the monitors that's set up inside the room and asked the person in charge about the status.

"They're at the entrance, Sir. As per our tracker, they're just two floors away."

"Jaejoong, stand by. The back up is almost near you."

"There's no time to waste." Jaejoong said before exchange of gun shots started to sound louder. "We're at the hallway... We'll now be entering the room." He added, panting.

Commotion was heard on the other line.

"S#*t! Grab that man. Don't shoot him. We need him alive." Jaejoong instructed.

"French Mafia's down but their leader's not here. My father has also ran away." Jaejoong reported.

"Where's Dara?" Mr. Park interrupted.

"She's not here... but I believe they've not gotten too far yet."

********************

"Sir, here's the man."

Two men came to Jaejoong holding a man, restricting him to escape.

"Lee, where's my father?!"

Lee chuckled. "You think you can bring your father down easily?"

Jaejoong shot Lee's leg that made him kneel before him. "Tell me where they are before I make you a crippled man!" He threatened.

"What made you turn your back on your father?... Your wife's belief?" Lee teased.

"Shut up and tell me where they are!"

"Take a guess." Lee laughed, playing around.

Jaejoong was about to shot Lee's other leg but was stopped when another man was brought to him.

"We found him at the hidden escape route you've advised us about." One of Jaejoong's men said.

"Sir, spare our lives. Please!!" The man begged.