Chapter Forty-Four

Slowly, Jiyong pushed the door that leads to the room where Dara was. He felt nervous but excited at the same time.

When the door opened, he immediately saw her while she was looking at his direction, as if anticipating his arrival.

"Jiyong." She said in a whisper.

She stood up, thinking of how she'll greet him.

Jiyong smiled at her and without a word, he walked towards her and pulled her for a hug. Gently, she caressed her hair as he kissed her temple. "I missed this... I missed you."

Dara closed her eyes and let her tears freely stream down her cheeks. Her hands slid around his waist, holding him tighter.

They were speechless. No words were needed for them to let each other feel how much they longed for that day to come.

He pulled her closer and let her head rest on his chest as her little sobs filled the room. His eyes started to water, too.

"I'm sorry." He told her.

She shook her head. "There's nothing to say sorry about. What's important is that we're both here now."

Jiyong pulled from the hug and gently cupped her face with his hands. He used his thumb to caress her cheek. "I love you... I thought I have already forgotten this feeling... but I never did. I was just too engrossed with being angry... when I shouldn't have been."

A smile formed on her trembling lips. "I love you... I have always imagined those words coming from you. It's one of the things that kept me fighting."

He tried drying the tears on her cheeks with the back of his hand. "I won't make you suffer. Not anymore."

"Thank you... for giving me strength especially now that I badly need it."

"About what Chaerin told me..."

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers.

Jiyong held her chin with his forefinger and lifted her head so he can look at her in the eyes. "Let's face this problem together, Dara. Let me help you."

She gave him a smile as she stared at his eyes. It was blurry due to her tears but she didn't mind. "I love you, Ji. I love you so much."

Jiyong looked at her with so much adoration. His stare went from her eyes to her lips. Slowly, his hands slid from her cheek to his lips, his thumb tracing its shape as if remembering how it was to touch it.

"I will forever love you, Jiyong."

"My Princess." He whispered while his head bent down to reach for her lips. "I love you." He said when their lips where just few centimeters away.

Dara closed her eyes and let her tears ran down her cheeks.

Jiyong chuckled as he saw her nose crinkle. "I love everything about you." He told her as he closed the gap between their lips.

He gave her small kisses, teasing her, wanting her to ask for more.

She tiptoed, wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to kiss him deeper.

He smiled between their kiss, feeling victorious. Holding the back of her head, he explored her mouth.

They were both breathless when their lips parted. He placed his forehead on hers and stayed still.

"No more secrets this time?"

"Just let me handle this one last time, Ji." She told him, giving him a quick kiss on his lips.