Chapter Thirty-Four

"Mom, wait for me."

He quickly stepped out of his car and guided his mother in walking towards the entrance of their house.

"Jae, I'm okay. I can walk fine." His mother chuckled.

"Let me open the door for you." He walked past her and opened the door.

"Jaejoong, you're back."

Jaejoong was surprised to see his father. "Dad, I thought you're flight back would still be next month?"

"I heard your mother was sent to the hospital. I wanted to see her." Mr. Kim replied, standing up from the couch and giving his wife a hug.

"I'm okay, Bum Soo. I don't want to be a cause of interruption in your business." Mrs. Kim told him.

"Aren't you happy to see me, In-Hwa?"

"That's not what I mean. I just know how important work is for you."

Mr. Kim smiled. "It is." He briefly replied, looking at Jaejoong meaningfully.

"Have you eaten?" Jaejoong asked.

"Had breakfast earlier when I arrived. Why don't we have lunch together? We haven't done that for a while. We can even talk about Dara and your son while we're eating."

Mrs. Kim looked at her son, waiting for his response.

"That's a good idea." He forced a smile.

She smiled at his husband, too.

*************

"I'll be staying here at home for tonight. Dad has arrived earlier. I didn't expect it to happen."

"What? I thought he won't be back until next month?"

"That's what I thought, too. He said he learned about Mom being brought to the hospital. But I doubt it's just that. There's something going on."

"Should I come and visit? He's always in a good mood when he sees me."

"Maybe tomorrow."

"Alright."

"Have you taken your medicine?"

"I did. Don't worry about me."

"I have to remind you or else you won't be taking it."

She chuckled. "I'm following the doctors instructions, Jae."

"That's good."

"Call me again tomorrow."

"Alright."

"Say hi to Mom for me."

"I will."

"Jae..."

"Hmm?"

"You're not in this alone... We're here, okay?"

He smiled.

"Keep me updated."

"Alright."

"Sleep now."

"I will after I check on Mom."

"Goodnight."

"Just explain to Jin-ho why I won't be home."

"I'll take care of that."

"Goodnight."

"Bye."

He hang up after.

***************