Chapter Forty-Two

Jiyong woke up after a few hours of sleep. He headed straight to his suite after his long flight and immediately threw himself on the bed.

He stepped out of his room to get a glass of water and was surprised to see his mother preparing food in his kitchen.

"Mom?!" He exclaimed.

"Why are you so surprised? Aren't you happy to see me?" She asked, keeping herself busy with cooking.

He smiled and gave her a hug plus a kiss on her cheek. "I missed you."

"How's everyone in Seoul?"

"They're doing good."

"And you're not?"

He chuckled, walking towards the cupboard to grab a glass and poured water on it.

"What happened, Jiyong? What is it that made you ran away?"

"I didn't run away, Mom." He replied, taking a seat on one of the chairs of the dining table.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes. "What made you come home?"

"Dara."

"What about her?"

"and her son."

"Okay?"

"Our son."

His mother's eyes widened in shock. "Say that again."

"I have a son. His name's Jin-ho."

"Really?" Her voice became enthusiastic.

He nodded.

"Oh, my!" She washed her hands and sat beside Jiyong. "Tell me more about it."

"Don't be too excited, Mom. Dara's married, remember?"

"She is?"

"Mom..."

"Sorry. I got too excited. How did you know about it?"

"I overheard her talking to her husband on the phone. She didn't want to admit it. It was Seungri who did."

"Seungri? Your friend?"

"They knew about it."

"What's your plan now?"

"I'll get my son. I have the right."

"And Dara?"

He was silenced by his mother's question.

"Son..." She caressed his arm with the back of her hand. "Don't you think Dara deserves the chance to explain?"

"I'm actually confused now, to be honest." He stared at the glass that's half filled with water.

Mrs. Go gave her son the time to speak.

"I was told that Dara left because she needed to protect me from her husband's father."

"What do you mean?"

"Seungri and the guys told me her husband's father is involved with underground dealings."

"God!" Mrs. Go exclaimed.

"I don't want my son to be in that kind of environment."

"Aren't you also concerned about Dara's position?"

He stayed silent.

"You're still thinking if what they said was true, aren't you?"

"I don't know what to believe anymore."