Chapter Twenty

"Uncle, I've received your request to talk to me."

"It's good you've come. Can we talk inside my office?"

"Sure."

"Let's go. This way."

Mr. Park and Jaejoong reached the former's work room and he asked his men to leave them both alone. After his men left, he started to talk.

"Have a seat." Mr. Park offered while taking the seat adjacent to Jaejoong.

"It's seems that you would like to talk about something important."

"This is about the marriage agreement."

"We're still doing our best to find Dara."

"It's more than that... I didn't want to tell you this but I think this is the only way I can have my daughter back."

...silence...

"I want to cancel the marriage agreement. I would rather choose my daughter being with a different man than to pursue with the merger without her."

'This is not good.' Jaejoong thought to himself. 'What should I do now? Father's not gonna allow this to happen.'

"I don't know how I'm gonna face your father after this that's why I'm asking your help to tell him this information."

"I'm afraid father won't allow this to happen, Uncle."

"I can't afford not to have my daughter back, Jaejoong. Please understand this father's plea."

Jaejoong took a deep breath and sighed. 'I don't have any other choice.'

"Can you keep a secret, Uncle?"

The older man's forehead creased.

"There's something you have to know about my father and the business he has. Remember the first time you met him?"

"What's about it?"

"It didn't happen by chance. He was eyeing for you."

"For what?"

He washed his hands through his face before continuing. "My father's electronics business is just a front. Ever since I was a kid, he's already been doing underground negotiations... and it's something big. Bigger than what you thought my father can handle. And he's not alone on this. He has established a lot of connections especially with the government... And he's on the works of adding you to that list of connections."

"What?! This is not right, Jaejoong. I have created a name for myself in a clean way. I won't let your father stain this name." Mr. Park was about to call his security but Jaejoong was quick to to stop him.

"Don't make it harder for you to escape my father's hands."

"Don't you dare threaten me."

Jaejoong released his hand that's holding the button that will bring the guards to be alerted about the danger that their boss was facing. "Press the button and bring your daughter's life in danger."

"Go to hell!!" The old man was fuming with anger.

"Uncle, I am here to help. I care for Dara... and you... but I also have my mother to protect. This is why I have no choice but to follow my father's orders."

"Stop the wedding and I'll face your father."

Jaejoong chuckled. "You still don't get it, do you?... The marriage is something I agreed to take place because it will protect your daughter. Don't you understand? Father's eager to find her because she's someone he can use against you. There's no escape on this, not unless we find a long term solution to end my father's craziness."