Chapter Fifteen

"You need to prepare now. Your father and his visitors are gonna be here anytime soon." In-Na held Dara's foot and pulled her out of bed. "Come on. You've been on bed the whole day. Wash up and choose the dress you'll wear."

"But I don't want to meet Jaejoong's parents." Dara said, stomping her feet as it touched the carpeted floor.

"You can't just hide yourself in this room. Your father will get angrier."

"I'm not a robot nor a puppet that he can manipulate."

"He's your father though."

Realizing something, she sat up with slumped shoulders. "In-Na..."

"Yes?"

"Will you be staying by Papa's side if I disappear?"

"No...no... no... Don't tell me your planning something bad... Do not hurt yourself. Life is a gift." In-Na panicked.

"Yah!" Dara lightly kicked her leg. "Who said I'm gonna commit suicide?"

"Isn't that what you were planning to do? I thought you're giving your last words... You frightened me." She touched her chest and heaved a sigh of relief.

Dara chuckled. "You never fail to make me smile. Thank you, In-Na." She stood up and hug her. "Please... Whatever happens, take care of Papa for me. I love him so much... even if there are a lot of things we argue about."

In-Na rubbed her back. "Are you saying goodbye because you've already accepted the marriage offer?"

She pulled from the hug and just smiled at her. "Can I have my favorite scent on my tub? I want to relax a bit before getting ready for Papa's visitors."

"Anything for you... Warm and with rose petals, just like how you want it."

"Thank you."

"Five minutes... It won't be long."

Dara nodded and sat back on her bedside while In-Na rushed inside the bathroom.

**************

Dara, in her flowy dress, waited for her father and his visitors in the living room where she made herself busy by reading the book she bought with Jiyong that day they decided to be honest about their feelings for each other.

It placed a smile on her lips remembering that unforgettable memory.

"They're here." In-Na told her, making her stand from her seat and walk towards the front door.

'Act calm, Dara. Impress your father and make him happy tonight. This is the best thing you can do for him... for the last time.'

"Good evening." She bowed after the door opened, showing his father. Behind him was Jaejoong with his mother who's clinging on his arm and his father trailing behind.

"Hey there, beautiful lady." Mrs. Kim greeted, walking towards her to give her a quick hug. "So happy to finally meet you."

"Sorry. She's just too excited to see you in person." Jaejoong apologized.

Dara smiled at him which surprised him.

"It seems that you're in a good mood today, Darling." Her father commented.

"I'm always like this... Just got bored recently that's why I was a little grumpy."

"I see." Mr.Park simply replied.

"Should we head directly to the dining area? Food's waiting." Dara told them.

"Do you know how to cook?" Mrs. Kim asked, squeezing Dara's arm that she's holding.