Chapter Forty-Six

Jaejoong held Dara's hand and and squeezed it as they walked towards the corridor of the hideout where they stayed for the night.

Dara looked at him and smiled.

"I know I've already asked you this a hundred times... But, are you really sure about this?" Jaejoong asked in a whisper.

"You know the answer I'll give you." She crinkled her nose.

"We'll give you the signal. Always be alert with whatever is happening inside. Even if the conversation's going smoothly, do not be too relaxed."

"I know you have my back."

"That's why I'm ever more worried. I can't be in that room. I can only wait from outside."

"You've already briefed me on where the exits are. We can do this."

Jaejoong heaved a sigh.

Dara squeezed his hand back and said, "Whatever happens, our main goal is to finish this ones and for all... For them."

Jaejoong nodded.

"Ready?"

"What if I say no?"

Dara chuckled. "Since when did you become a coward?"

"If it's me alone, I wouldn't care. I worry about you."

"We're both in this together, remember?"

"You're really determined to do this, huh?"

She nodded. "They've already made a lot of people suffer."

He ruffled her hair and forced a smile.

"Ready to kick their butts?"

He snickered. "Whose butt are we gonna kick first?"

"We should do an all-kill attack." Dara joked back.

Two men were waiting for them when they reached the end of the hallway. They both bowed down at them before one spoke.

"Your father instructed us to drive your wife to the venue. You'll go with the guests and drive them there together with the other escorts."

Jaejoong gave Dara a worried look.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"Are you driving with other escorts as well?" Jaejoong wants to be sure of Dara's safety.

"Unfortunately, it's only gonna be the two of us."

"I won't agree to that."

"Jae, I'll be fine. It's not even a long drive from the venue." She hugged him tight before whispering, "You take care. The guests can be targets."

He hugged her back. "Remember what I told you."

She pulled from the hug and nodded.

"This way." The man in black suit guided Dara towards the way to the car.

Dara closed her eyes as they started taking steps away from Jaejoong. 'Let us succeed this time. I beg YOU. Let this end for everyone's safety. Guide us.' She silently prayed.

****************

Jiyong and the other guys together with Bom and Chaerin rushed to an Assembly Hall as they got a lead about a secret Korean Gang activity that includes French Mafia. They were given permission to get inside the National Intelligence Service's headquarters because of Jiyong's Mom.

Not long after, Mr. Park also arrived to see what the report would be.

"We were given the report about this activity earlier but we didn't want exposure to the information as this may affect the plan to catch them red handed." A man in uniform spoke. "Mr. Park, your daughter's husband has made an alliance with us to keep us updated about the activity of the gang where her father belongs."