Chapter Thirty-Two

"Papa?" Dara reacted after seeing his father peep from the door of her room.

He smiled and walked in together with Jin-ho.

The little boy climbed up her bed and hugged her.

She kissed his cheek. "Good morning, baby."

"Jaejoong called me last night after I arrived from my trip. He said you were rushed to the hospital."

She grinned at her father.

"Don't give me that smile, lady. You should still be in the hospital."

"Papa, I'm fine. You know I inherited this strength from you." She hugged his arm after he sat beside her.

Jin-ho copied his mom and hugged his grandpa's other arm.

"See. Your grandson agrees."

He ruffled the little angel's hair and smiled. "How are you?"

She played with Jin-ho's cheek which made her son chuckled. She then answered, "Just fine."

"Jiyong?"

"What about him?" She continued playing with her son who's on her father's lap.

"He's back."

"He is."

"Dara, look at me." Her father said.

She obliged, looking at him, as if questioning why.

"Are you okay with it?" He looked worried.

She smiled. "I'll be fine, Papa. Anyway, everything's in the past now. He's our business partner. A client, to be exact. That's what we are now."

"Do you still have that feelings for him?"

"Papa..."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"Thank you." She said in her low voice.

Her father understood.

After she came back, they became open to each other. All the barriers were removed and they started to have a tight relationship as father and daughter.

"How come Jin-ho's here?"

"I saw him walked out of his room so I invited him to come with me."

"Have you already seen Jaejoong."

"He went out early to go back to the hospital. I called him and said he didn't wake you up and just left you a message."

She nodded.

Mr. Park held Dara's hand and smiled. "Almost there, my precious daughter. I'm positive we'll win this silent fight."

"Papa, you have to keep safe, okay? Promise me."

"You probably have to say that to Jaejoong. He's in the front row of this war."

"I know. I always remind him that."

"Have you visited his Mom?"

"I did before I was discharged. I stayed there until before midnight last night."

He nodded. "Breakfast?"

"That's a good idea. I'm hungry."

"Go ahead and wash up. Jin-ho and I will be waiting for you downstairs."

"Alright."

He kissed her daughter on her forehead and placed his grandson down the bed.

"Be quick, Mommy."

"I will, baby. See you downstairs."

He nodded and waved his little hand.

"Hurry up. Don't let the food wait."

She chuckled. "I will, Papa. I'll be the one to make your coffee."

"Alright." The old Park smiled and headed out the door holding little Jin-ho's hand.

*************

"Yah! Dara! Why didn't you tell us that you were brought to the hospital yesterday?" Chaerin yelled at her on the phone.

Dara had to put her phone away from her ear for her eardrum not to explode.

"I went to your office earlier to check on you but you weren't there. I was advised by Hayi you won't be coming because you fainted yesterday. What happened to you?" Her voice lowered down and sounded worried.

She chuckled. "I'm fine, Chae. Hayi probably just added overly creative words to her story to exaggerate what happened."

"Is it true that you fainted?"

"I did. It was just because of lack of sleep." She told her for her not to worry too much.

"I told you to get some rest and don't worry about those things all the time."

"Where are you?" Dara asked to deviate the topic.

"I'm having lunch with Seungri. That Rat kept bugging me about our lesser time together. I have to give in to his invitation or else it's gonna be another fight."

"You two always fight. It's good you've decided to agree. He probably is very pleased to hear you say yes to what he wants."

"He actually was very happy. But I'll be annoyed any minute now if he doesn't come on time."

"You know him. He's also a very busy person. Remember? He's getting ready for your future together so you have to understand." Dara smiled.

"I do understand. But it's still not proper to let someone wait." Chaerin scoffed.

"I'm sure he'll be there any minute now."

"Wait a minute, Dara. We're talking about you and not about my relationship with that Rat."

"I'm okay, Chae. Don't worry about me."

"Why shouldn't I? It's as if the world's burden is on your shoulder."

She laughed. "That's an over-statement, Chae."

Chaerin sighed. "Why do you have to suffer that way?"

"Your being emotional, Chae. You're the strongest among us three when it comes to emotion. Where is that Chaerin now?"

"Not when it comes to you. There are people who hate you because of your decision. They've misunderstood because they don't know the truth. And now, your just accepting them as if it's nothing. The boys treatment towards you for example. They don't know you suffered more when you've decided to leave Jiyong. Was it what you wanted? Hell, NO! But you still chose to do it because it's to keep Jiyong safe. Then there came Jin-ho. I know you wanted to tell everyone he was created out of love between you and him... and still you can't because you're protecting him. But what do you get in return, Dara?"

Dara's tear dropped from her eyes but she didn't want to let Chaerin know she was crying. She immediately wiped them off her cheeks and smiled. "I'm just happy that I know everyone's safe. I'm okay, Chae. I'm God's instrument to save the world." She joked to lighten up the mood.

"You can even joke about it."

"Yah! Cheer up, Chae. If you continue to say those words, it will really make me sad." She told her. "I'm happy now, Chae. I can tell you that... Now, enjoy your lunch date with your adorable boyfriend while I spend my day with my baby."

"Love you, Dara."

"Love you too, Chae. I love you and Bom."

"Love you, Aunt Chae." Jin-ho said in the background.

Chaerin smiled. "Tell that little boy I love him, too."

"I will."

"See you soon."

"Uh-huh."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye, Chae."

Then she hang up.