Chapter Forty-Eight

Jiyong held Dara's hand and squeezed it. "I'm sorry for making you suffer this much. I don't deserve to receive your love and care... and I know you'll be better without me."

He wiped his tears that escaped his eyes with his free hand. "I don't know how I'll face you after everything that happened... this is why I decide to just leave... Sorry..." His lips trembled.

"I'm sorry." He caressed Dara's hand with his thumb and carefully placed it back on the bed after a few seconds. With hesitation, he stepped away from the bed with head bent down while facing the floor.

He took another glance at Dara before completely stepping out of the room.

*******************

"How are you doing?" Bom asked after seeing Dara for the first time, awake, after the event.

"My body still feels sore." Dara replied.

"We just saw Jaejoong stepped out of the room." Chaerin said.

"He wanted to see if I'm okay."

"It's a good thing everything's over now. You're now free, Dara."

Dara looked down and played with the blanket that covered half of her body.

'Aren't you happy with the result of your plan?" Chaerin asked.

"So many lives have been taken... Lives that could have lived happily with their families if only they have not associated themselves with The Gang."

"It was their choice, Dara." Chaerin reminded her.

Dara sighed. "Jaejoong's father..."

"He's gone. He can't bother you and Jaejoong anymore. You're both free now." Bom told her.

"We wanted him to repent for everything he has done but... him dying, I guess, is too much."

"You shouldn't be worrying about this anymore. It's all over now." Chaerin said.

"What we should think about is what our activities would be once you're out of this hospital bed. We ca go shopping with Jin-ho or go out of town. We've not done that for a long time." Bom tried to lighten the mood.

Dara stared at her fingers.

"Cheer up." Chaerin cupped Dara's cheek on her palm.

Dara looked at her and smiled.

"How about going on a beach with Jin-ho?" Bom suggested, sounding enthusiastic.

"Sounds like a plan." Dara tried to sound jolly.

"A trip to Busan will be nice."

Chaerin lightly hit Bom with her elbow without Dara noticing it.

"A trip with Jin-ho and the guys sounds nice." Dara reacted.

"Aahh..." Bom hesitated but was able to pick the conversation back. "Yes! We can go with the guys. For sure, Youngbae, SeungHyun, Seungri and Daesung would be happy to agree."

Chaerin nodded, didn't know what to say.

"And Jiyong?" Dara added.

"Jiyong?" Bom tried to find words to express what she would like to say.

"Uhm... I was hoping I'll be able to talk to him about things. About Jin-ho... About US."

"I think it's better if we talk about the trip later. I bet you're tired." Bom tried to change the topic.

Dara hinted that there's something that her friends weren't telling her. "What's wrong?"

Bom and Chaerin didn't answer.

CHOICES AND CHANCES (DaraGon FANFIC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें