Chapter Forty-Nine

"How on earth did you get here?" Jiyong asked Jin-ho after placing him on the bed while he was still bewildered with whatever was happening.

Jin-ho just smiled at him.

"This probably is just a dream." He spoke to himself.

He got startled again when Jin-ho cupped his face with his baby hands. "Nope. Not a dream." He told him while shaking his head.

"So, this is real?"

Jin-ho nodded, smile still plastered on his face.

"I'm still confused." Jiyong stood up and paced back and forth in front of the seated Jin-ho, hands placed on his waist.

He took a deep breath before deciding to step out of his room to investigate. He scooped Jin-ho in one arm, walked towards the door and carefully opened it with his free hand.

"Who came here with you?" Jiyong whispered, keeping his focus on Jin-ho.

Instead of answering, Jin-ho pointed at the person who was standing right behind him.

Jiyong was busy acting like a Ninja with silent footsteps, he didn't notice the person who came near them. Slowly, he turned his head behind him.

"Mom?" He reacted, confused.

Mrs. Go kept her arms across her chest. "I thought we were clear when I told you that I need you back in the office in three days... and I said that two weeks ago."

"Why?... Jin-ho... How come?"

"Stop giving me that stupid, I-don't-know-what's-happening kind of look. This is all your fault."

"What did you do?"

"I brought him here. Isn't it obvious?"

"What I mean is... Why is Jin-ho here? What did you do?"

"I didn't want to meddle with your problem, Jiyong. But since it seemed like you won't take any initiative to straighten your life, I decided to enter the picture."

"I still don't understand why Jin-ho's here. Can you please talk in the language I understand."

"I want you to be happy." Her mom simply said.

Jiyong was taken aback by what his mother said. His attention turned back to Jin-ho. 'Was leaving them a wrong decision?'

Jiyong was in deep thought when someone entered the main door. And right at that very moment, Jiyong's world stopped.

"Dara?" He uttered, almost in a breath.

Dara stepped inside the house, a little hesitant. She gave Jiyong a light smile.

"I think Jin-ho and I would have a little alone time while both of you talk." Mrs. Go meddled. "Sweetie, do you want some ice cream?" She asked the little boy on Jiyong's arm.

Jin-ho nodded with excitement.

"Let's go for a little drive to find an ice cream parlor, alright?"

He gave his grandma a thumbs up.

Mrs. Go took Jin-ho from Jiyong and headed towards the front door where Dara was standing. "Both of you can talk. You have all the time in the world." She whispered to Dara.

"Thank you for making this possible, Mrs. Go." Dara smiled at her and squeezed her arm.

"A little help from a mother-in-law is not bad after all, right?" Mrs. Go winked.

Dara chuckled and nodded.

"Please call me Mom. I'll feel sad if you don't."

"Thanks... Mom."