Chapter Seventeen

"We'll spend the night in here. I'm sure you're tired... We'll be back on the road early morning."

They have to stop by an old cabin-like hotel to spend the night since Jiyong didn't want to risk Dara's safety, being on the road in the darkness of the night. They've been driving for hours and stayed away from the main road where they can easily be found.

Jiyong decided to seek cover from the countryside of Busan. If they go back on the road by early morning, they should be able to reach the far end of their destination in the late afternoon.

"According to the front desk person, there are only few people who happen to notice this place. Most of the time, it would only be riders who needs shelter where they can rest... I think we're safe in here." He fixed the bed so Dara can lie down comfortably. "Sorry... This is the only room we can get. It's a little uncomfortable especially that it's too small."

Dara sat on the bed and smiled at him. "This feels comfortable."

"You can lie down on the bed and I'll stay on the sofa."

She pouted while eyebrows were furrowed.

"What?"

"Aren't you lying down beside me?"

"I'll be sleeping here." He sat on the sofa, placing a pillow that she got from the bed.

"You can sleep beside me. The bed's big for just one person."

"I wouldn't take advantage of our situation."

"Yah! It's not gonna be called taking advantage... Look at the length of the sofa. It's like only half of your body would fit on that... Plus... I want to..."

"What?" Jiyong smiled at her, teasing.

She scratched her head. "I won't be able to sleep well if I see you on that sofa... You won't be able to sleep well."

"Is that it?"

"Yah! Jiyong Kwon! Stop teasing."

He chuckled, stood up and ruffled her hair. "Fine... I'll sleep beside you."

"Yeay." Dara rejoiced.

"Let me just grab something to eat... There's a small store near the front desk."

Sitting on the bed, she wrapped her arms around his waist, not letting him walk out of the room. "Let me go with you." She looked up and gave him her puppy-eyes stare.

"I won't be long. Just stay here and rest."

"I wanna go out, too."

"No... Just stay here. I'll be quick." He took her arms off his waist and kissed her forehead.

Before she can even complain, he left the room in a flash, leaving her alone in the room.

She laid half of her body on the bed while her legs were dangling on the bedside. Staring at the ceiling and with the light that's not so bright, she pondered.

'Everything will be okay, right?' She tried to let herself believe.

She took a deep breath and smiled. "We'll create a new life together... Jiyong and I."

As if the light was talking to her, lulling her to sleep, it wasn't long when her eyes started to feel heavy.

When Jiyong got back, he immediately saw Dara's sleeping form.

He placed the plastic of food he was holding on the table that's beside the sofa before checking on her. He carefully took her shoes off together with her socks and was about to change her position on the bed when she sat up abruptly with eyes hardly opening.

He snickered.

"Have I fallen asleep?" She asked, only one eye open.

"You did." He chuckled. "Do you still want to fill your tummy first before sleeping?"

She nodded.

"You look so sleepy, San-tokki." He gently tapped her cheek.

She fully opened both her eyes and looked at him. "No I'm not."

"Really?"

She placed her head on his abdomen and went back to closing her eyes. "I wanna sleep but feel hungry at the same time."

He rubbed her back and kissed her hair. "I bought ramen and added egg on it." He whispered.

"Uwah!" She looked up and grinned, eyes only half open. "I think I'm gonna eat first." She squeaked.

"Come on before it gets cold."

"Turn around." She instructed.

He obliged.

"Squat." She said.

"What for?" He glanced at her.

"Just do it."

He squatted and Dara placed her arms around her neck while putting her weight on his back for a piggyback.

"To the sofa, please."

"Your wish is my command, My Princess." He said, stood up and carried her on his back.

He carefully placed her down the sofa and prepared their food on the table.

"Sorry. There are only few choices avail..."

Dara kissed the side of his lips to stop him from talking. "Stop saying sorry... Nothing to say sorry about." She crinkled her nose.

He nodded, a small smile formed on his lips. "Shall we eat?"

She smiled back and grabbed one chopsticks from his hand. She kissed his cheek before saying, "Thank you."

"If I get shower of kisses everyday, then food will no longer be necessary."

"Only if you behave well." She pouted.

"Like this?" He sat up straight, kept his knees together and placed both his hands on his lap.

"You know that's not what I mean." She laughed, slapping his arm.

He smiled and stared at her, feeling contented that he's seeing the woman she loves smiling again.

"Let's finish this now so we can go to bed." She scooped noodles from her cup and blew it before offering it to Jiyong. "Say Ah."

He opened his mouth and accepted the food.

She also took a mouthful of the noodles and gave him a thumbs up. "This ramen's perfect... Good job." She complimented.

He shrugged. "There's nothing that this man can't do."

"And this man right here..." she pointed at his chest, "...is my man."

"Wooh!!!" He cheered, faking a cheer from an invisible crowd.

They laughed at their silliness.

After finishing the food, they both had a quick wash and went to bed.

Jiyong placed a pillow in between them but Dara was quick to remove it. Without a word, she moved closer to him, lifting his arm and making it her pillow. She wrapped one of her arms around his waist and smiled to herself, thinking of the look on Jiyong's face.

"Goodnight." She said, closing her eyes.

Jiyong smiled after being taken aback by what Dara did. He kissed her hair and replied, "Goodnight, My Princess."